PDA

View Full Version : Shurhold DA Polisher?

Pages : [1] 2

Outcome Agent
03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
My autozone started carrying this DA, also they carry black 6 inch lc ccs pads now, and mequires pro products.

Any opinions on this da? Looks a lot like the gg6.

Outcome Agent
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6741/imagebln.jpg

ski2
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
My autozone started carrying this DA, also they carry black 6 inch lc ccs pads now, and mequires pro products.

Any opinions on this da? Looks a lot like the gg6.

Gary Dean just did a review of this DA on another forum. He found it to be much less powerful than the GG6 and ofcourse it doesn't have the lifetime warranty of the GG DA.

S2K
03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I saw it at AZ too and it was $20 more than the GG6 at AG, so no lifetime warranty and $20 more I think enough said.

Outcome Agent
03-04-2012, 06:45 PM
That red shaggy bonnet pad looked interesting. Not sure what it could be used for though?

Outcome Agent
03-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Gary Dean just did a review of this DA on another forum. He found it to be much less powerful than the GG6 and ofcourse it doesn't have the lifetime warranty of the GG DA.

I saw it at AZ too and it was $20 more than the GG6 at AG, so no lifetime warranty and $20 more I think enough said.

I just got the gg6 at another site for 129 with 5 pads, so I agree with you. Just have never seen this. It does come with a bag, a handle, and a d handle.

Outcome Agent
03-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Regardless, the mere fact that the line between professional/hobby detailing, and consumer detailing is becoming thinner and thinner. It's a great thing for everyone IMO. Walmart now carrying products as well.

ski2
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I just got the gg6 at another site for 129 with 5 pads, so I agree with you. Just have never seen this. It does come with a bag, a handle, and a d handle.

I know the special you speak of--those are great pads and you can get them at great prices in a six pack.

S2K
03-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Regardless, the mere fact that the line between professional/hobby detailing, and consumer detailing is becoming thinner and thinner. It's a great thing for everyone IMO. Walmart now carrying products as well.

That's true and it's nice to have better quality products available locally when you need something in a pinch.

swanicyouth
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I saw that machine at Autozone also. But the pads I saw looked like generic cheapos. My local Autozone carries Soft Buff pads. For the money I would just get a machine that's proven.

The Pad Man
03-05-2012, 12:10 PM
I am very familiar with the pads and can tell you they are not "cheapos"

shoeless89
03-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Every time I've gone into AutoZone lately they've had more stuff. We all know about how to prime a pad, tape off trim, working time of polishes, etc. but what about the average consumer? I'm waiting for someone to buy this polisher and some M105 and try to 'figure it out'. I can see it now, ruined black trim, dried on compound thats turned into cement, polish in every nook and cranny, and they won't understand why just using M105 on their black Honda paint looks like crap lol Then they'll have to call us to fix it all!

stilltipping3
08-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Every time I've gone into AutoZone lately they've had more stuff. We all know about how to prime a pad, tape off trim, working time of polishes, etc. but what about the average consumer? I'm waiting for someone to buy this polisher and some M105 and try to 'figure it out'. I can see it now, ruined black trim, dried on compound thats turned into cement, polish in every nook and cranny, and they won't understand why just using M105 on their black Honda paint looks like crap lol Then they'll have to call us to fix it all!

I have a Shurhold 3100 and although it costs a little bit more than the GG6 it comes with all u need ready to roll. I take that back, u need pads. I liked that its at my closest auto store now and I can roll in and out for anything I don't want to wait for with all the shipping time. It comes with a nice 20ft cord and Gfi at the end of it. I think it could use a little more power but its sufficient for every job I under take. I use 105\205 as well as all kinds of other products with not to much problem or none that cant be cleaned up. I also love the way Black cars or dark vehicles look when im done. I would like to own all the da's and polishing machines but money doesn't grow on trees. Autozone has a mark up on everything they sell but they r close by and if you sign up with their membership card you can wait for their 20% off coupons and make out on a fairly decent deal. Hope this answers a few questions out there. I may not have a Ferrari but I still get where I want to go!

Detailing by M
08-18-2013, 11:47 AM
probably a piece of crap like all cheap products.
Don't waste you money on crap.

swanicyouth
08-18-2013, 12:02 PM
I saw that machine at Autozone also. But the pads I saw looked like generic cheapos. My local Autozone carries Soft Buff pads. For the money I would just get a machine that's proven.

FYI the pads they have at my Autozone don't look like LC pads. I wasn't implying LC pads are "cheapos".