PDA

View Full Version : ?noob?

V-DUB
03-08-2007, 12:13 PM
1. ? Everyone I Was Wondering Can You Layer Polishing Or Waxing? And If So Does It Make A Difference? Does It Shine Better Than Only 1 Coat?

2. Another ? Leather I Need To Find A Good Cleaner I Have Lexol Is That Good?
And Also For The Rest Of My Vw Truck.

3. Dg-aw Is This A Product That Is Added Atfer You Do Everything? Confussed With It. Just Purchased It And Want To Know How To Really Use It........

Well Begining To Feel Like An Offical Detail Person!!! Purchased My Pc Kit And Other Materials. Cant Wait To Go At It. I Will Take B4 And After Pic And Would Love Your Opinons Of How It Looks And What I Did Wrong. Cant Say Im Not Nerves/scared!!!!! Want To Do These Things Right!!!!!!

nick19
03-08-2007, 12:37 PM
1. ? Everyone I Was Wondering Can You Layer Polishing Or Waxing? And If So Does It Make A Difference? Does It Shine Better Than Only 1 Coat?

2. Another ? Leather I Need To Find A Good Cleaner I Have Lexol Is That Good?
And Also For The Rest Of My Vw Truck.

3. Dg-aw Is This A Product That Is Added Atfer You Do Everything? Confussed With It. Just Purchased It And Want To Know How To Really Use It........

Well Begining To Feel Like An Offical Detail Person!!! Purchased My Pc Kit And Other Materials. Cant Wait To Go At It. I Will Take B4 And After Pic And Would Love Your Opinons Of How It Looks And What I Did Wrong. Cant Say Im Not Nerves/scared!!!!! Want To Do These Things Right!!!!!!

1. Not TOO sure what you mean, but I think you're asking about layering.

Polishing is the part where you are removing defects in the paint. You can use all sorts of combinations of polishes. You are not limited to just one coat, but then again, you want to use the least abrasive product to achieve your desired results.

If it requires two "coats" or "layers" of polishing to remove all the swirls, then so be it. There's nothing out there that says you cant use more than one coat. And when you polish, nothing has to cure or dry.

2. Never tried Lexol. Although I've heard good things about Pinnacle leather cleaner.

3. AW is a "spray" wax product. You can use this product after washing your car (dry of course), during the week or anytime you want to. I wouldn't use this product until you're done polishing and applying a sealant and/or wax.

Hope this helps..

-Nick :cheers:

V-DUB
03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes It Does Thanks. But What About Waxing Can I Add More Coats, Layering Than One

nick19
03-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes It Does Thanks. But What About Waxing Can I Add More Coats, Layering Than One

Yes. I would try and avoid rain or leaving your car outside overnight, as you want to avoid moisture.

I would wait 24 hours before applying another layer of wax or sealant. 12 hours is sufficient though.

More than two layers is pretty much a waste, unless you see a difference on three layers. It's up to you. I do two layers myself.

V-DUB
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks Your All A Great Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick19
03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks Your All A Great Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure thing. :D

Good luck with your new purchase.