PDA

View Full Version : Dirt patches on white car

Pages : [1] 2

kimtt
03-04-2012, 08:48 AM
I have done several white cars with claying and cleaner wax to remove the dirt patches on paint, the result was great. But after two weeks the dirt patches return on all cars. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Will topping with a durable paste wax can prolong the cleanliness? Is there a car wash shampoo on the market design to clean the dirt patched on white car?

BobbyG
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Kim,

Unless there is something on the paint that's attracting dirt, the surface should be pretty uniform...

Possibly a paint cleaner would improve the finish..

Cleaner/Sealants

XMT 360 All In One Cleaner Wax
Griot's Garage One-Step Sealant
Klasse All-In-One Polish
Duragloss Polish & Cleaner 101
Finish Kare 215 One Step Cleaner & Surface Sealant
Finish Kare 2180 Ultra Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner
Optimum Poli-Seal
Mother's FX Synwax Paste
Mother's FX Synwax Liquid
Mother's Reflections Advanced Car Wax
3M One Step Cleaner Wax

Could you possibly post a couple of photos to help us help you?

rider9195
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I would use iron x on the paint before laying and using the cleaner wax. It will deep clean the paint. Then top with a quality paint sealant like Blackfire Wet Diamond, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, or Collinite 845.

Jacob Perry
03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Use tar x eraser before final step and after you wash

opie_7afe
03-04-2012, 09:54 AM
i have a white car. so most staining i see is just really set in dirt, to remove this you need a polish with abrasive action. most cleaner waxes(im guessing you bought local) use chemical cleaners and not abrasive cleaners. so i always just use some mild polish on a white polishing pad or even on a hand applicator. product i will reach for first is m205 but thats just me knowing my paint.

tuscarora dave
03-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I have always liked Poorboy's World Pro Polish (original formula) for deep cleaning clear over white paint but I use M-205 now. If I'm doing a quick clean up and no swirl removal on a car that hasn't been kept up with, I give it a citrus degreaser pre-soak before washing. It really cleans up the clear over white paint.

kimtt
03-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Those are my customers and thier white cars sent in were bad in shape with rough surfaces and full of dirt patches. I did clay and aio and the result was great, my customers were happy with it. But the protection won't last long and the paint catches the dirt patches again and cannot be removed with normal car wash, I checked on their cars and the water beading ability is gone in just 2 weeks, I suspect the aio which I am using has bad durability. If let say i top the less durable aio with a layer of strong paste wax, will this reduce the dirt patches forming on the paint?

tuscarora dave
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Have you been working these cars by hand or with a machine? Have your pads been turning white as you rub the AIO over the paint? This sounds like oxidized single stage white paint. The oxidation just absorbs any wax or sealant that would be in the AIO. I'll wait for some answers to these 2 questions before I type any further.

kimtt
03-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Have you been working these cars by hand or with a machine? Have your pads been turning white as you rub the AIO over the paint? This sounds like oxidized single stage white paint. The oxidation just absorbs any wax or sealant that would be in the AIO. I'll wait for some answers to these 2 questions before I type any further.

I am using red lc ccs pad with da, not seeing any white traces, some cars are several month old so the clearcoat still good. I am now topping up the aio with a durable Japanese paste wax and keep observation on the result, hope the dirt stains will not coming back so soon. Btw some white cars owner whose car has not been waxed before giving comment on some other car wash center can wash out the dirt stains and complaining that why I am unable to do so, as for my understanding car shampoo are formulated as ph balance and with mild cleaning properties, this makes me suspects that they might be using some aggressive shampoo such as kitchen detergent.

tuscarora dave
03-04-2012, 11:21 PM
OK then it sounds like there's definitely clear coat there. Sometimes what you are describing occurs with single stage white paints. I don't really know what to advise from here on out. I'd love to actually see with my own eyes what is happening with these cars.

Mobile detail
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Try clay bar with some degreaser mixed in with the clay lube. Works wonders on white

TRILLIS
03-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Try clay bar with some degreaser mixed in with the clay lube. Works wonders on white

I Tried clay with degreaser before for this white problem and it ate my clay. Might have to try the diluted method next time thanks for the tip but still can't see my clay surviving so I'll just have to factor it into the price.Like mentioned above a good compounding should remove the spots. Imo

Mobile detail
03-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Wow it ate the clay, how much did you use? Can you post pics of the issue perhaps?

TRILLIS
03-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah used it straight but I probably should have diluted it as suggested.It began to change the structure of the clay (Mothers yellow) and it became soft,sticky and began to fall apart and wanted to stick to everything. Could have been my heavy duty degreaser it turns tar into butter.Just saying it's something to be aware of. If your down to your last block of clay worse still.

kimtt
04-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Ok, now more customers with white car done by me coming back and showing their cars full of dirt stains, I did their cars with mild polish which contains no silicone and top up with a quality nano sealant. Water beading still there but can't prevent the stubborn dirts. I learnt that they park their cars outdoor 24 hours, and washes their car once a week or bi- weekly. The only advise I can give them is not to keep dirts on their car for too long and try to wash frequently.

Now I would like to know is there any wax or sealant with strong protection against dirts build up? How about collinite 845?