PDA

View Full Version : Tire Paint

A-train
03-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Anyone ever seen this youtube vid on Plasticoat Tire Paint? Thoughts?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2-jtLBdltA&feature=related]Plasticoat TirePaint - YouTube[/video]

IOMCAMARO
03-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Looks like a brush on version of Tuf-Shine lol.

Ted S.
03-04-2012, 03:43 AM
That stuff looks like it would piss me off...

BillE
03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Reminds me of a product from the 50's>60's that came in a quart can and you slathered it on with a paint brush.

The tires ended up looking like a black plastic donut.

I think I'll pass.

My $.02...

Bill

Vegas Transplant
03-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Reminds me of a product from the 50's>60's that came in a quart can and you slathered it on with a paint brush.

The tires ended up looking like a black plastic donut.

I think I'll pass.

My $.02...

Bill

I used a similar product on the bumpers of my '76 MGB -came out as promised, yet not to my liking.

Get the AG marketing machine behind this and it may be one of the ''new flavors" of the month.:laughing:

Setec Astronomy
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM

I'm thinking of the tire black that came in like a little black paint can, but I thought it was a half pint...it was Dow or DuPont, wasn't it? Oh, I looked it up, it was a Dupont #7 product and the picture I found was a pint can.

CEE DOG
03-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Looks like something I'd love to try and review. :dblthumb2:

I'll skip on using a paper towel to wipe it off bodywork like he said though.
Also, for the effort I would want it too look that good for 3 months.

A-train
03-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Looks like something I'd love to try and review. :dblthumb2:

I'll skip on using a paper towel to wipe it off bodywork like he said though.
Also, for the effort I would want it too look that good for 3 months.

Couldn't find any on the net, but if i come across some i'll send you some to try.

BillE
03-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm thinking of the tire black that came in like a little black paint can, but I thought it was a half pint...it was Dow or DuPont, wasn't it? Oh, I looked it up, it was a Dupont #7 product and the picture I found was a pint can.

Stuff I'm thinking about was in a white can. Don't even remember the name, but was strictly an over the counter item at Pep Boys, Western Auto, etc. Had the consistancy of water, and (I think) smelled to high heaven.

I can see it in my mind, but can't get thru all the 'fuzzy parts'.

Bill