PDA

View Full Version : Removing Blue Jeans from Leather

Mike Wallace
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I had a customer that really wanted to remove blue jeans from his leather and so we did.
First- I used Lexol Leather Cleaner to really clean them good.This took a lot of time and patients with repeated cleaning it took me about an hour to remove the dirt and blue jeans from the leather.

Second- I used Meguiars Leather Cleaner Conditioner to finish cleaning and conditioning.

Conclusion- The seats turned out amazing and the customer was really pleased, If you have any other products to recommend or tip or tricks you may have learned let me know.

embolism
03-04-2012, 12:04 AM
how the heck do you get dye transfer on the side of a seat is what I want to know...

hope you sealed that leather with some Ultima interior guard or something cause the coating is probably toast now...

Mike Wallace
03-04-2012, 12:10 AM
It was rubbed off of their blue jeans getting into the car.

SRTSean
03-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Nice work cleaning them up. I always see this on light colored leather when attending the manufacturers auto show that comes around each fall. Never quite got why they would have tan/light interiors for people to sit in at those events.

Rix6
03-04-2012, 04:16 AM
how the heck do you get dye transfer on the side of a seat is what I want to know...

hope you sealed that leather with some Ultima interior guard or something cause the coating is probably toast now...
Why is the coating probably toast?

-Rick

Vegas Transplant
03-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Cool web page hand.

jfelbab
03-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Conditioners won't prevent dye transfer. You need a water-based fluorocarbon leather protector for that. Leather Masters Protection Cream is one that I use and know works.

embolism
03-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Why is the coating probably toast?

-Rick

actually, I was toasted last night. Probably shouldn't have written that... haha

Bates Detailing
03-04-2012, 07:27 AM
actually, I was toasted last night. Probably shouldn't have written that... haha

I've ran into that same problem a couple of times on here :bolt:

Nice work on the leather man. :xyxthumbs:

Meticulous-Detail
03-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Nice work!

Depending on leather type and condition I use APC+ (10 to 1) if it is really dirty to clean. I also use Mothers VLR and Megs QID for light cleaning and conditioning.

Also have UIGP and UISG but haven't used them yet. I have read good things about Lexol and Leather Masters, but have to many products right now.

Megs is coming out with a new leather cleaner, should be released soon.

2old2change
03-04-2012, 11:06 AM
To the OP. You might check out the thread on this subject by Greg Nichols over on autopiaforums.

erobertson
03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
1z einszett products work well for this as well. Here's a link from their web page on the how to.

Leather Stained by Blue Jeans (http://www.1z-usa.com/Leather-Stained-by-Blue-Jeans_df_41.html)

02accordSE
03-04-2012, 02:41 PM
APC and a good conditioner afterwards. Would have taken a lot less than an hour.

Jacob Perry
03-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Makeup wipes work wonders too.