PDA

View Full Version : Best Finishing Polish

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
03-08-2007, 07:37 AM
:o I like DP"s FFP i see A.G does not sell anymore, cant find it:o any comments on maybe a better one.......easier breakdown, dust, gloss.......:confused: optimum reads well here also.

justin_murphy
03-08-2007, 08:47 AM
:o I like DP"s FFP i see A.G does not sell anymore, cant find it:o any comments on maybe a better one.......easier breakdown, dust, gloss.......:confused: optimum reads well here also.

The new Pinnacle Twins are awesome. I used Advanced Swirl Remover at DF with a yellow EDGE pad and got it to finish down LSP ready.

Well worth the money for these!

BILL
03-08-2007, 08:52 AM
The new Pinnacle Twins are awesome. I used Advanced Swirl Remover at DF with a yellow EDGE pad and got it to finish down LSP ready.

Well worth the money for these!

I have the old ASR.....Im looking at the pinn finish polish.....using rotary

any thought on that polish??? thanks J....

BILL
03-08-2007, 09:40 AM
going with Menzerna 11 finishing polish

thanks .......

Al-53
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
The Menzerna polishes are by far the best polishes going...not taking away from AG offerings ..but menzerna has a type of abrasive that's not been copied due to the process...they have been in business over 100 years..I think they have the process down...

For Vette Clear...PO85RD V3.0-3.02 Intensive Polish....PO85RD5 and PO106FF both finish polishes..equals outstanding swirl free finish...

AL

nick19
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
The Menzerna polishes are by far the best polishes going...not taking away from AG offerings ..but menzerna has a type of abrasive that's not been copied due to the process...they have been in business over 100 years..I think they have the process down...

For Vette Clear...PO85RD V3.0-3.02 Intensive Polish....PO85RD5 and PO106FF both finish polishes..equals outstanding swirl free finish...

AL

Agree! I finally got to use some Menzerna products (FPII) and I love it! WOW!

Surfer
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
And Menzerna leaves oils correct? Probably why using it, topping with glaze and a wax is as wet and deep as you'll get.

Excessive Detail
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
going with Menzerna 11 finishing polish

thanks .......

I have to say menzerna Final Polish II is on of the best, I use it on my car for a final polish or in between full polishes to maintain swirl free paint, it has long working time, comes off easy and a little goes along way. I usually use an orange edge pad with it. I've actaully removed swirls with that combo. I just wish AG carried it.

nick19
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I have to say menzerna Final Polish II is on of the best, I use it on my car for a final polish or in between full polishes to maintain swirl free paint, it has long working time, comes off easy and a little goes along way. I usually use an orange edge pad with it. I've actaully removed swirls with that combo. I just wish AG carried it.

Me too!

bambo2888
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM
XMT1 finished very nicely. And its pretty inexpensive

ScottB
03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
XMT 1 and SSR 1.0 arent bad when used with a finishing pad. Menzerna FP rocks but was replaced with FPII (not bad) which now seems to have oil added.

BILL
03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
XMT 1 and SSR 1.0 arent bad when used with a finishing pad. Menzerna FP rocks but was replaced with FPII (not bad) which now seems to have oil added.

FP 11 is what i have.....also picked up the Menzerma Finishing touch glaze on sale while i was at it

Al-53
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I think the consumer line of menzerna has a oil type lubricant in it..the SRC versions...PO106FF...PO85RD..and PO85RD3.01 I believe is a water based polish with glycerine's...

I am putting a 550.00 order together in 3 weeks from Ireland...for these polishes....I have 450.00 euros to spend that I have ...what better way to spend it...also getting some different sealants not available state side...will be interesting...

AL

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-09-2007, 08:10 PM
If you want the best polishes it diffently is Menzerna.

ryandamartini
03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
any finishing polish with fillers just means you have to do it again, i dont consider it a finishing polish, i consider it a wow the customer, get your money polish. The best true finishing polishes in my book are Pinnacles, Poorboys SSR1. Both leave a briliant finish.

ALSO

I dont think its polite to have a big discussion about competitors products.... Not that its against the rules, but have some courtesy to the people who host theboards, give promotions, and support our lil obsession.

If you want them to sell it, write up a proposal on why.

-Ryan