PDA

View Full Version : poorboys line

yardie
03-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I am new to the detailing community and I have spent a lot of $$$ on products. I have'nt tried poorboys lineup of products and was wondering if I could get feedback from everyone who has used them? I am also curios about their sealant compared to klasse SG. Thanks in advance guys, oh btw you guys :righton: :awesome: .

Feed back please

Surfer
03-08-2007, 12:28 AM
I love the Poorboys line, easy to use and great results. EX-P is an excellent sealant, Klasse SG is quite more durable but very sterile looking. Natty's Blue is a fine wax, I put it up there with my $$ waxes. Very good overall line.

Polishes are great, however I like Optimum better as Optimum has longer works times and no dust.

orngez
03-08-2007, 06:49 AM
the only negative side to pb line is the dusting...the polishes dont have the best working time but they still get the job done...just lots of dust compared to other products...

ScottB
03-08-2007, 07:14 AM
nice line, very hard working products, nice outcome, very easy to use even in sunlight. Overall they know detailing products and you would be remiss not to try several of the products.

supercharged
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
One of the most favorite forum members Poorboy's products is Super Slick and Suds car wash shampoo. This is a must try for everyone!

Driven Auto Detail
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Like others have, the PB line-up is great. Their sealant (EX or EX-P) is much easier to work with vs. Klasse, however I think it's safe to say that Klasse has the edge in durability and logevity. For a novice that doesn't want to spend a lot of money and wants easy to use, quality products, Poorboy's is great.

BanditSRT
03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
the only negative side to pb line is the dusting...the polishes dont have the best working time but they still get the job done...just lots of dust compared to other products...
:iagree: Their polishes dust like crazy. I've also used their Spray N' Wipe and the Spray N' Gloss, both which I like very much.

budman3
03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Actually the dusting problems are from user error. The #1 reason why people have dusting problems with PB products is because they prime pads with QD or water. Do not do this with PB products. Instead, spread some product on the pad to prime the pad. After it is primed run a thin bead of product around the perimiter of the pad. Dusting could be from using not enough or too much polish. A thin bead around the pad is a good amount to use per panel.

SG is more durable than EX and EX-P but the looks of EX and EX-P, IMO are better. The EX has a nice carnauba glow to it whereas the EX-P is a clear sealant which is great on metal flakes.

Spray and wipe is a product that everyone should buy.

ryandamartini
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Anything Poorboys makes is worth trying and using. Especially their Leather Stuff, SSS car wash, spray and gloss come to mind :)

budman3
03-08-2007, 07:18 PM
and Bug Squash, SSR 2.5, Trim Restorer, Natural Look, SSR1, PwS, PwC, ProPolish, Deluxe Mega Towel, and Bold and Bright, and Natty's .... well I think you get the picture. There isn't 1 product that I don't like from PB

Reddwarf
03-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Poorboy's Spray & Wipe is a must have product! I use it all the time. I also use PB Natural Look on the interior.

orngez
03-08-2007, 08:48 PM
just a quick tip for spray and wipe fans...you can use even more like a "waterless wash" by diluting it 50/50 with distilled water and putting it in a handheld pump spray bottle that has a trigger used to spray garden pesticides/fertilizers...gets an even spritz all over a panel/gets more product coverage and more lubrication.... and just give the car a wipe down and a qd finishes up the job....as much as i like spray and wipe one little misting on a panel full strenght is usually not enough to prevent light surface scratches from dust/light dirt...by diluting 50/50 you are still getting the same if not more mileage out of the same amount of product

yardie
03-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks alot guys, I just recieved my package from AG with the pinnacle xmt line, and as you all can probably tell, my next order will be the poorboys line.