friend wants me to detail his SRT8... so here is what I was going to do

wash
clay
wash
XMT1
alcohol/water mix wipe down
M-21
Natty's Blue (2x)

any concern about products working well together? Whats the cure time on the M21?

can this be done in a day or do I need to wait for the cure time to finish before waxing?

abrcrombe
03-07-2007, 11:46 PM
I don't know the specifics on the M21, but sealants usually require 12-24 hours cure time. Either way, your process seems good. Hopefully the XMT1 can tackle all the swirls.

Nuke33
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Looks good but you might have to step up to XMT 2 or an equilivent product... What color is the car?

Sevenrd
03-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Looks good but you might have to step up to XMT 2 or an equilivent product... What color is the car?

Agreed. It'd be a good idea to have a stronger polish on hand. Also, not sure that an alcohol wipedown is neccessary. As long as the polish is broken down properly it should easily be removed with a microfiber.

ltoman
03-08-2007, 12:10 AM
sorry - what's m21?

Sevenrd
03-08-2007, 12:20 AM
sorry - what's m21?

Meguiar's #21 sealant. ;)

Surfer
03-08-2007, 12:35 AM
SRT-8 Jeep? If so, oh my god that truck was so fun to drive, I can't get over it. I've road course raced for years in some nice cars, driven plenty of sports cars, but that Jeep was one of the funnest vehicles I've ever driven. Had such a cool, raw edge to it. Was looking at GS Motorsports, s/c'd would be one bad ass daily driver lol.

Your routine looks fine, I would just wait at least a day before applying NB.

paradog
03-08-2007, 06:23 AM
the car is a Black Pearl Metallic Magnum SRT8...he swears there are very few swirls, but I do have some XMT 2 just in case

orngez
03-08-2007, 06:38 AM
You definitely should bring that xmt 2 with you...being a black pearl will definitely show if the paint still has imperfections...the natty blue will look awesome on black...the sealant will need at least 12 hours to cure so it will be a 2 day detail if you want to use both...

paradog
03-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Would I be better off using Klasse AIO for swirl removal? I have it but have yet to use it.

supercharged
03-08-2007, 10:52 AM
wash
clay
XMT1
alcohol/water mix wipe down
M-21 (wait at least 4-6 hours for better durability, I would wait full 12 hours though)
Natty's Blue (2x)

RTexasF
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
The AIO won't do much (if anything at all) for swirls. You will need a more aggressive polish as others have mentioned. Also keep in mind that your friend may not see many swirls but you will likely see a great deal more than he.

nick19
03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
#21 requires no curing time. None of Meg's products does. You can add another coat, or add wax after buffing off.

That's why Meg's products are good for detailers.

sparkie
03-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I want to see pics when it's done.

budman3
03-08-2007, 08:01 PM
#21 requires no curing time. None of Meg's products does. You can add another coat, or add wax after buffing off.

That's why Meg's products are good for detailers.

Not so sure I agree with this... sure it is possible to top products right off the bat but that does not mean you'll get the best results. This is true for any product - not just Meguiar's. There is a possibility of streaking when you don't allow sealants or waxes to cure to the paint. Carnaubas are a little less finiky than sealants though. So if possible allow any sealant to cure for atleast 12 hours and then top with whatever. It is critical to allow sealants and waxes to dry/cure before driving the car in the rain.
This happened to me with Meg's #26 and it was a mess. An unexpected rain storm came a few hours after I applied and the whole truck was one big streak - not too much fun. So saying that Meg's products don't need to cure isn't the truth.