PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Extreme Synthetic Acrylic Detailer

Beerwulf76
03-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Anybody tried this detailer?Sounds like it would be good,as I am intrigued by anything with acrylic in the formulation.

Chemical Guys Extreme Synthetic Acrylic Detailer 16 oz (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-extreme-synthetic-acrylic-detailer.html)

rwright
03-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes, great stuff! I use it while drying our Regal and leaves the paint very glossy and slick. Smells great, easy to use, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Beerwulf76
03-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Yes, great stuff! I use it while drying our Regal and leaves the paint very glossy and slick. Smells great, easy to use, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Cool ,good to know!There's so many choices of detail sprays nowadays even within the C.Guys line itself it can be daunting choosing which to try next!
I happen to be a QD'er and spraywax junkie by the way!

Thanx!

silverfox
03-02-2012, 03:14 AM
For what it's worth...I think V7 is much better.

rwright
03-02-2012, 03:55 AM

I agree but still like Synthetic QD.

Jeff120
03-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Its average, much better products out there.

bobble
03-02-2012, 12:13 PM
For the price point it's very good (always on sale at CG), there are things better is terms of gloss or slickness but again the price makes this a perfect production/every use QD after drying IMO.

Beerwulf76
03-02-2012, 12:22 PM

I've read some V7 reviews,but it seems to be more of in the spray sealant category and higher price point.
I'm considering the extreme slick because of price point and gallon size availability.

Beerwulf76
03-02-2012, 12:25 PM
For the price point it's very good (always on sale at CG), there are things better is terms of gloss or slickness but again the price makes this a perfect production/every use QD after drying IMO.

Better gloss and/or slickness but are they the same price point?

I wonder how it compares to Meguires Last Touch?

Kris R
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Its average, much better products out there.

Just curious. What's makes other products better? It seems like such a subjective statement and I'd like to know factually what makes it not as good as another. For example I don't get 85RD. I Have an entire bottle and have used it twice. It isn't the best stuff out there. If it was they wouldn't have discontinued it. But people go ape #### over it.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Detail_Dude
03-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Imagine the words "in my opinion" in front of many "...better than.." or "...best.." statements. My 2 cents, hope it makes sense.

Bunky
03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Better gloss and/or slickness but are they the same price point?

I wonder how it compares to Meguires Last Touch?

You can add other factors like ease of use and cleaning ability.

Imagine the words "in my opinion" in front of many "...better than.." or "...best.." statements. My 2 cents, hope it makes sense.

Really? :bolt: I thought it was all fact and not subjective.:D

Kris R
03-02-2012, 07:38 PM

Allow me to clarify. Apologies. When someone makes a statement like "there are better products out there" it would be helpful, considering its a subjective statement to give a reason why you came to that conclusion. What did you not like about it? Or better yet, what do you like better in your product of choice?

Bunky
03-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Allow me to clarify. Apologies. When someone makes a statement like "there are better products out there" it would be helpful, considering its a subjective statement to give a reason why you came to that conclusion. What did you not like about it? Or better yet, what do you like better in your product of choice?

another way is to put it in context with other products you have used so people get an idea on your preferences.

Kris R
03-02-2012, 09:10 PM
another way is to put it in context with other products you have used so people get an idea on your preferences.

Exactly Bunky. I think we all have purchased items based on raving AGO reviews only to be left puzzled. "what am I doing wrong?" or "these guys don't have a clue what they're talking about!" LOL