PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Lava

CaneCharger
03-01-2012, 02:42 PM
So this past weekend put a coat of Blacklight on the Jeep and then put a coat of Lava on it...

Yesterday evening saw what looked to be a haze or film, ran my finger off it and it came off...just seemed weird.

I figured I might have done something wrong...

Anybody else have had this while using Lava?

Setec Astronomy
03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
When I first read the title, I though you were near a volcano or got that green hand soap on your car...

CaneCharger
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Bahahaha

alko
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
^ LMAO!

IMO sounds like either two products don't play well together or you put too much of the Lava and/or you didn't let it dry long enough before buffing off

Stang Man
03-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Any way to narrow it down to which product was actually causing the haze?

Did you use the V7 also?

silverfox
03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Sounds like you put too much Lava on (it has no issues with Blacklight)...You do not apply Lava like any other traditional wax. Very, very thin....and you don't wipe in on like a wax. I think CG has a video on YouTube for correct way to apply.

SkateForGirl
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
You need to apply it very very super thin.

Their should be no issue with Lava and Blacklight being used at the same time because they were both used by the guy in the youtube video......or were they?!? ;)

Dr Oldz
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I just used this on Tuesday. I applied very thinly with my PC. After I buffed it off initially, I also noticed a haze about 10 min later. All that I did was do a final wipedown and it took care of the haze. I figured it was due to the cooler temp(50 F) but it could just be common of the product as some others need to be rebuffed after initial buffing also. With that being said, I was happy with the product and the look and found no other hazing problems at all.

Waxmax
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes, I've had it (re)haze alittle after it's been buffed and cured...wiped haze with HV7. And, go thin. PC works best IME. Kind of like some carnaubas sweating.

SonOfOC
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Apply super thin via DA if possible and flip towel frequently.

The CG video application for Lava is way too thick. It you still have haze residue then QD or V7 will take care of it.

CaneCharger
03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys...I think I need to pick up some V7...I am glad to know I was not the only one with haze. I also think I applied to much.