PDA

View Full Version : CG Diablo Gel wheel cleaner

fenderpicks
03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Im looking for some reviews on this product.
Hopefully someone out there have used this product before and the sonax full effect as well....

Im wondering what's the different between the 2... like sonax is stronger? Or is diablo better?

Just trying to get some reviews before i get 2 gallon of that bad boy lol

tw33k2514
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I've never used Full Effect, but I do use Diablo. I personally like it. I use it 3:1 and it cleans fine. Yeah, you need to agitate with brushes, but I don't find that to be a problem. Because I don't use it on anything but uncoated wheels I have never tried another safe wheel cleaner.

A-train
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Full effect is a good wheel cleaner. It cleans very well, and has the smell of a fresh perm. It will however rust brake calipers. I reserve it for very dirty wheels.

fenderpicks
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Does any of you guys know if they are safe for powder coated brake calipers....?

Like the Brembos?

RhetoricMixes
03-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Doesnt full effect act like Ironx? I mean it cleans the wheel but doesnt it also get rid of iron deposits like ironx?

Rix6
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Does any of you guys know if they are safe for powder coated brake calipers....?

Like the Brembos?The powdercoated finish on brake calipers is extremely tough. Anything safe for painted wheels is should be safe for them. When you get them clean, wax, seal, or quik wax the calipers and they'll be easier to clean.

fenderpicks
03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I hate taking off my rims off my car to clean the calipers lol....

Rsurfer
03-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes and yes. It will turn red like Iron X.
Doesnt full effect act like Ironx? I mean it cleans the wheel but doesnt it also get rid of iron deposits like ironx?