PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for removing cigarette smoke smell.

KA41
03-01-2012, 08:20 AM
I did a search and found that most of the products being used is sold by AG. My problem is that I just purchased the truck last night and would like to detail it tonight so I don't have time to order from AG. Are there any products that could be bought locally that you have used with success. The guy was not a heavy smoker so the truck is not too bad. It's a crew cab chevy with cloth interior by the way. Again, I'm not trying to take business away from AG, I just don't have the extra time it would take to get it in.

Porsche Pilot
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Head on down to the auto parts store and pick up some Ozium. It will work very well for the time being. Order up some So2Pure from AG, clean the interior well and apply it. Change out the cabin filter just to be safe.

alko
03-01-2012, 08:39 AM
+1 on the So2Pure...but follow the directions.

Ed...your avatar is hilarious!

ScubaCougr
03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Check Home Depot. In the cleaners area there's a product in a milky white bottle jug, green printing that promises to 'ban your Odos;

Pour a few ounces in your APC bottle, then spray everything and wipe/clean. Don't forget to lightly spray the headliner and wipe with a towel to get out the smell that lingers there.

AdamsImport
03-01-2012, 09:52 AM
I know this doesn't really apply to your situation, but if you know anyone with a good ozone generator, that can do the trick.

I just Ozone'd a heavy smokers car and it did miracles, I didn't really detail the interior (I should of) and after two treatments the car smelled as if no one ever lit up in it.

Porsche Pilot
03-01-2012, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=alko;629828. Ed...your avatar is hilarious![/QUOTE]

Thanks Alex! I see you went with the Soul Glo. Well played sir!