PDA

View Full Version : Wax for white car

Pages : [1] 2 3

HellDemon
03-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Hey everyone,

I have a solid white (i.e. non-metallic) car, and I was wondering what kind of carnauba paste would make white look nice.

The look I'm particularly looking for is something to possibly darken the paint (if ever so slightly), to give a more deep, wet look rather than a glossy high-shine finish.

Particularly I'm looking at a max budget of $50-70 for the paste wax (not looking for liquid or sealants; I already got a handful of those), so that puts me in range of CG 5050, BFMS, CG Lava, PSS2, DP max wax, collinite 915, pinnacle XMT 180, victoria concours red, and any of the dodo juices (including supernatural hybrid, but excluding supernatural).

I know some may say just spend abit more and get something nice like souveran or fuzion, but right now since I'm new to the detailing community, I'm trying out a couple of waxes, so I don't want to break the bank if I end up feeling like I like the look of something else more.

Currently on hand, I have the sample sizes of dodo juice blue velvet pro, purple haze pro, diamond white, light fantastic.

And the ones that are coming that I've just ordered are FK 1000p, collinite 476s, CG XXX, and PB Natty's blue (all of which are super cheap and are very well revered here :xyxthumbs:).

Since I'm a student and I don't really have much spare time on my hands; I haven't had a chance to try any of the dodo's, and as such, am hoping to find a balance between durability and looks (I don't mind if it lasts 1 month; just not something that I need to reapply every 2 weeks, like what people say about PB natty's; although I hear it looks great and darkens paint nicely, and is very reasonably priced, hence why I bought it). To that end, all I have on my car right now is ultima UPGP and OCW topping it for the added durability in winter (not looking for anymore sealants or spray waxes; I'm very happy with UPGP and OCW; also have CG hybrid V7 coming too)

So yeah, do you guys have any suggestions? (I have searched the topic of waxes that darkened paints, but I would just like get some more confirmation since (up to) $70 on a wax is not cheap, especially for a student that lives in canada, where shipping from AG is expensive and I have to pay customs and handling fees as well)

Dr Oldz
03-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Sounds like you got a lot of nice waxes to try already. Since customs and shipping fees add to the cost, perhaps check Vics Yellow out. That is made in Canada and is a fantastic line of waxes IMO.

ArkayoDeetayo
03-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Signature Series II or P21S 100%, you can't go wrong either way.

Agfan
03-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Honestly dodo juice light fantastic and rainforest rub are amazing. But the best wax on white IMO is sv glacier. A bit outta your price range.

Gunslinger
03-01-2012, 09:17 AM
I think that dollar for dollar, it's hard to beat Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick...for any color. Easy to use and very durable plus gives a great appearance.

Griot's just came out with their Premium Carnauba Wax...it may be a great product to try. Description wise, it seems to be aiming at the Pinnacle Souveran market, only with greater durability.

I'm hoping someone uses it and gives a review. I've enough waxes to use up before I can justify buying it or any other.

shoeless89
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
For white, the two best I have used are Collinite 845 and Fuzion

bigdriver4u
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
PS21 is my vote for white cars. Great results and it's somewhat price friendly compared to other waxes in it's class.

FASTFRED
03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I used doo doo juice white diamond on my Performance White Boss 302 with very good results. I would also reccomend Collinite 845.

Sunshyne
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
My white trucks gets either Dodo Juice Light Fantastic or Fuzion and both look great. Of course Collinite 845 if you want durable over aesthetics.

Paintxpert
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Why not seal it with Wolgang? Dont wax or seal before prepping with some type of cleaner.

Ipsdrew
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I used the Collinite 845 topped with the DP Max Wax. Great durability as well as the wet look your looking for. I re-top the Max Wax every 6-8 weeks

opie_7afe
03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
i know you want a paste but imo collinite 845 topped with meguiars m16 paste wax then i do a quick optimum car wax or xmt360 spray wax on top of both that combo will give an awesome gloss,depth along with that sealant slickness due to the spray wax.most others have not gave me the same nice gloss as that combo, then again its hard to notice much of a difference on white paint. but i've tried, nxt 2.0,meguiars gold class plus, meguiars #20 sealant,wgdgps 3.0,and meguiars cleaner wax

Blackthorn One
03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
If you like PB, Natty's Red really makes it look wet and deepens the color as well, at least on the black I've used it on. The look of wax is very much a personal preference. The Blue Velvet Pro also sounds very good. Why not just try a panel with that and see how you like it? Experiment with the stuff you have first.

I also like Fuzion on white, btw.
If you want a wax that lasts, don't use Souveran. It looks great, but you would be waxing every two to 3 weeks with it.

Collinite 915 will darken the paint slightly and give a rich look with months of durability. Collinite 476 does not darken the paint as much.

HellDemon
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Hmm it really seems like Collinite 845 is getting recommended by all, with a few votes for fuzion; unfortunately, I really don't feel like spending $180 ($90 per tub) on a wax (as of yet at least) when I'm first trying stuff out, and the trial size is way to small for me to justify spending $50 on.

It looks like I'll be picking up a bottle of 845 as well since it's just so economical in size and price.

Any other recommendations?

Btw, thanks for all the opinions!

Boozman
03-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I uae Wolfgane fusion great stuff.