PDA

View Full Version : first impression with IronX spray and questions

szjalo
03-01-2012, 01:04 AM
My apologies in advance, I was in a hurry so didn't take any cellphone/ camera with me.

So a little background: I am a lazy person I kept my water hose and nozzle in open area, so when today I was ready to try the IronX I found they are stolen, hopefully by another enthusiast. So I ran to the self coin-washer at the corner of the street and, did the work. It counts time so I was really in a hurry. Mixed some procedures and products. I guess if I had taken my time I could have even better result.

Procedure:
1\ rinse

2\ Megs Aluminum wheel cleaner on wheels: (I have the last bit in the bottle, glad to used it out so I have good reason to buy new ones), it's actually a really really great and cheap wheel cleaner, and totally safe on all wheels. What I found is it cleans a little better than most APCs.

3\ Megs APC+ 10:1 on tires: many people here concern the safety of Megs APC(+). I used it on almost all kind of wheels and tires and never and ANY problem. Chemically most APCs and soaps are alkaline based solutions. I don't know why people keep saying Megs APC is not quite safe. I just love it and have good luck with it.

4\ wait-scrub-rinse off

5\ Now it's IronX show time. I open the brand new bottle, put the nozzle on, switch to spray, spray everywhere on the wheels and brake callipers. I sprayed it on four wheels in one time. As I said before, I don't have many coins to waste. If I use my own hose I definitely will do one wheel at one time. After I sprayed the four, the first wheel already changed the color and I guess it was ready to be scrubbed. I really just lightly scrub the wheels, and I didn't even touch the callipers and those hard to reach areas, because all I thought at the moment was rinsing the stuff and the smell off..LOL

6\ So after lightly scrubbed all four wheels(within 5 mins I guess), rinsed off. then...man, IronX is literally awesome. I never saw my wheels so clean. Most impressively, even the callipers and hard-to-reach slots(where I didnt scrub), they are totally cleaned!! I brought a bottle of polish with me just in case IronX didnt remove all iron particles. It turned out the polish is completely useless because the wheels are totally iron free. Actually even my brush looked like brand new after using IronX.
(my brush had some black residue on it that cannot be washed off, similar to the brush in Garry Dean's old video (http://www.youtube.com/user/premiumdetailfl#p/u/103/SL-EXV99J-o). I tried all sorts of APCs but nothing works. But now the residues are completely gone!!)

7\ Tire gel: Megs' hot rim spray(glad to use out), wheel wax: #845

Final thoughts:
1\ The cleaning ability of IronX AWESOME, beyond any words' description

2\ The nozzle came with IronX, I don't know if its deficient or not, but when I switch to spray, it's stream actually, then I switch to stream, it's still stream. So I actually cannot lightly spray it, just tried lightly streamed it...Do you have this issue? should I contact AG for a replacement?

3\ After four wheels, I used around 1/4 of the 500mL. I guess I used too much products? I guess the light stream also had something to do with the overuse. But considering it's 20 dollars for 0.5L, and I just used 5 dollars for 4 wheels, I have to say it's a little pricy product. So for occasional use, I think it totally worth the money. But I would carefully think about using it as a regular procedure on customers' cars.

4\ The smell: AWFUL. rotten egg smell, it actually smells more rotten-egg-like than a real rotten egg. After I finished my work, I put the bottle in my trunk. After i got home, the entire truck was like there is a rotten body inside. I really had to spray some air fresher into the trunk.

Question: how you guys use IronX to make it more cost-efficient? How light the spray is(assuming you can spray it?) Do you use it on customers' cars as a regular procedure? Do you switch to IronX gel/soap other than spray?

Feed back pleaseThanks a million in advance! Apologize again for not having any pics

Avi@CarPro
03-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Hi
thank you for the nice feedback..
few things.. the smell is now much improved, we added cherry perfume inside, will smell better though , but dont expect Chanel#5

the triggers im not sure what you got... but its ok now.. it should spray easy and mist well. remamber that no need to spray allot... small cover on the wheels is enough ,
if you want cost effective for the wheels yu can use the ironx soapgel.. its great shampoo and wheel cleaner

Avi

shoeless89
03-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I may be using to much but I usually use 1/3 -1/2 a bottle to do a car. It is one of the most unique products I have. And one of my favorite. I think I have 4 bottles still lol