PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Interior and Exterior Detailing Brushes

silvermesa
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Please list your favorite detailing brushes and if possible provide the link.Hopefully this can be a reference to many in the future.

Thank You! :)

Some possible categories

A)-Wheels/Rotars

B)-Engine Compartment

C)-Exterior Paint

D)- Door Jambs/Shuts/gas cap

E)-A/C Vents

F)-Cloth/Leather Seats

G) Carpet

bimmerchuck
02-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Subscribed to hear what others find useful, as I would like to know myself.

I recently used the Daytona Speed Master for the first time a few days ago and I can't believe I never got one in the past. Always saw them but never made the move. I also got 2 of the DSM Jr's for grille areas and such, they also help in the door jamb areas. 1 inch brush is very invaluable. I got 2 now but prior I was using a paint brush of similar style. Leather brush for leather and for under $2 from local car parts store a nail brush.

silvermesa
02-29-2012, 03:42 PM
I have used the Daytona Speedmaster brush for wheels and it works well. In addition I purchased a cheap tire brush from wal mart that has the curvature shape of a tire that I use for every wash . I find it very useful.

I saw an article by Todd Helme who was using a red colored round brush that was made from boars hair that was being used for gas cap, and door jambs. I'm interested in finding a similar brush.

Looking forward to hearing others experiences!

RhetoricMixes
02-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Wheels - My favorite is a brush from a local store around me that is similar to a Daytona

Engine Compartment - a simple .99 cent paint brush with soft bristles gets the job done here. Spray your APC then agitate with the brush and your good

Exterior Paint - Microfiber Only no brushes for me

Door jambs and Gas Cap - Again, ive found a simple paint brush with soft bristles gets the job done here

A/C Vents - I ordered one from AG specifically for this, cant remember what brand though

Seats - I use a soft toothbrush to get the dirt out of the seams, then clean (leather) seats a tampico brush

Carpet - my tampico upholstery brush has more than proved itself with any scrubbing i have to do