PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance Wax

BILL
03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
:o Any one try this wax??? just curious;)

Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance Wax

sorry about the big letters :o

dengood1
03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Surfer and Justin have I know, maybe they'll chime in.

Nuke33
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I have not but i bet it is good bearing the collinite name!

BILL
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I have not but i bet it is good bearing the collinite name!

i know.that's what im thinking also

Jimmie
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Bill. I'm just jumping on to find out too. While we're waiting for someone to chime-in here's what I remember reading. Little tougher to wax off but worth it because of durability. We'll see if that's close.

Stittville Ed
03-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I stopped at the Collinite factory on the way home yesterday and talked to the owner Mike Taylor.
He told me that the Marque D'Elegance has 25% more Carnuba in it that the Super DoubleCoat #476
Also the Liquid Insulator Wax #845 is the same as Super DoubleCoat but a liquid.

Make sure you put it on as THIN as you can.
It's a great wax, I hate to say it but I have been buying it since the 60's
It is the only Carnuba wax that would last all winter in Upstate New York winters.

ScottB
03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I got a can awhile back and played with it a little. Harder to remove than Pinnacle, Maxwax, and Nattys and didnt look as wet . I am sure its durable, but not quite what I personally look for, guess I am all beauty wax.

Surfer
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I have it, and used it on most of our other vehicles, it looks good and really makes flake pop if you want that, but mainly I did it for the durability factor since I don't have much time for washing and waxing etc, give most attention to my main truck.

Stittville Ed
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I have it, and used it on most of our other vehicles, it looks good and really makes flake pop if you want that, but mainly I did it for the durability factor since I don't have much time for washing and waxing etc, give most attention to my main truck.

So it holds up in the FL sun and rain ????????

Surfer
03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
So it holds up in the FL sun and rain ????????I've honestly never had a problem with Natty's or Souveran in FL sun, Souv seems to loose its look quickly but you can tell protection is still there and will keep beading. Have some CG 5050 but only recently used, haven't tested for durability but most seem to say its pretty decent in that area.

I've had 915 on though for a couple months on other vehicles, which sit in the driveway as we have to much stuff in the garages. They look the same as when I did it, I wouldn't be suprised if you did a layer or two and it outlasted really any other sealant. Some guys on other boards did like 2 layers and through harsh winter season, would look basically the same come spring. I don't know what Collinite uses in their wax but they've found out some way to get a carnauba product to last a long time.

Stittville Ed
03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
[quote=Surfer]I've had 915 on though for a couple months on other vehicles, which sit in the driveway as we have to much stuff in the garages. They look the same as when I did it, I wouldn't be suprised if you did a layer or two and it outlasted really any other sealant. Some guys on other boards did like 2 layers and through harsh winter season, would look basically the same come spring. I don't know what Collinite uses in their wax but they've found out some way to get a carnauba product to last a long time.[/quote

Sounds good, thanks for the input

dengood1
03-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I got a can awhile back and played with it a little. Harder to remove than Pinnacle, Maxwax, and Nattys and didnt look as wet . I am sure its durable, but not quite what I personally look for, guess I am all beauty wax.

does that mean you don't want the rest of the can:p......ooooh......oooooh......me first......me first:D