PDA

View Full Version : New Formula ONR... the best rinseless ever?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
My first impression is at least the best Ive ever used! I only had ~ 45 minutes to do the Ford, so no time for Mrs. OT to break out the camera. My initial impression when opening the jug was what changed? Color and Mulberry smell were same as V2. That was where the similarities abrubtly ended! I added 1.5 oz to a 5 gallon bucket and took it inside to the sink. While adding 3 gallons water, it seemed to foam more than V2. If it did it can be credited to the improved cleaning ability, I guess!. The tailgate was real dirty and i didnt rinse it off first. I used a very plush MF as I usually do. The tailgate went from terrible to terrific with a few strokes and a dry towel. I Immediately noticed the improved cleaning and the deep gloss that were claimed. The thing I didnt expect was the absence of streaking, especially on the rear window! Ive never had a rinseless do so well so easy on glass! The cleaning ability also stood out on wheels, tires and wells., which I do last of course. I think Dr. G. has perfected ONR barring a new technology breakthrough! The Ford has been left outdoors since I washed it and it doesnt collect as much dust as V2 did. Yet another benefit that wasnt claimed!
Bottom line boys, give your V2 to a relative or friend and get a gallon of V3. Youll be glad you did!

DARK HORSE
02-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Great to hear, thanks for taking the time to share your valued opinion Big Jim!!!!

Dr Oldz
02-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Ur killing me Jim. My 32oz bottle of V2 will last me to 2034 tho. Thanks for your input buddy!

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Great to hear, thanks for taking the time to share your valued opinion Big Jim!!!!
Thanks Tad! That means a ton coming from you!

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Ur killing me Jim. My 32oz bottle of V2 will last me to 2034 tho. Thanks for your input buddy!
Jim, you only would use it to soften water anyway! I would be very disappointed if you ever used a rinseless or a coating. You are a true purist and I would want it any other way!

rwright
02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the review Jim. Based on this thread it sounds like Meg's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash with the addition of gloss enhancers. I will still pick up an 8oz. bottle to take for a test drive.

mattmatt483
02-27-2012, 08:34 PM

No worries, just accidentally kick it over next time you use it and you will have no other choice but to buy a jug of v3

Marc08EX
02-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the quick review Jim!

Does the v3 stain the wash media still or did they change that?

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
No worries, just accidentally kick it over next time you use it and you will have no other choice but to buy a jug of v3
Matt, he will never use it! Everything I know about high end washes, I learned from the Doctor! And the hell of it is, he SHOULD use rinseless in the winter! He could freeze his boys off!

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the quick review Jim!

Does the v3 stain the wash media still or did they change that?
I didnt notice any staining Mark.

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks buddy! Your D114 review was fantastic! Richard, I got the D114 too. I havent tried it yet.

tw33k2514
02-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Jim.... I don't know if I should stab you or thank you.

You are making the shopping monkey come back!!!

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Ben, dont blame me. Blame Dr. G!

Setec Astronomy
02-27-2012, 09:43 PM
I didnt notice any staining Mark.

Hold the phone...are you saying that it really doesn't turn the wash media black like the previous versions and I think all rinseless washes except the new Meg's?

Dr Oldz
02-27-2012, 10:01 PM

LOL. My luck there will be a dust plug in it and none will spill out.

Matt, he will never use it! Everything I know about high end washes, I learned from the Doctor! And the hell of it is, he SHOULD use rinseless in the winter! He could freeze his boys off!

Lemme educate you some more my friend about high end washes...... Keep these in your speedo when using those high end washes in the winter and your boys will be TOASTY!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/440.jpg

:D