PDA

View Full Version : My first Optimum No Rinse Wash!

Beerwulf76
02-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Today I finally got to using my ONR as a rinseless wash.One of the cars clean was very recently polished sealed and waxed,so the paint was smooth and slick to begin with. The other had been quick detailed just yesterday so paint was slick and smooth as well.

The cars although not very dirty had a good layer of pollen dust on them,I used my California duster to remove bulk of dust first.I used two buckets,one with ONR 1 oz./2 gal the other plain water.Wash media used was an Amaly Pro Plus(Lowes) Grout sponge in which I cut squares into similar to the LC sponge.

I cleaned 1 to 2 panels at time then drying with a generic MF cloth.I like how easily the sponge glided over the paint,and the drying was a snap.I noticed once done that the slickness of freshly detailed vehicles remained intact,also seemed to leave a nice gloss!

My vehicles are older with many scratches so I was not overly concerned with the possibility of creating more of them,I did not test for that aspect.Although the vehicles seemed fairly clean to prior,I was surprised how dirty my rinse bucket water had gotten.

Overall it was a quite pleasant experience,and was left with a great first impression of ONR.The grout sponge idea scared me a bit,but seemed to work very well.I never even considered washing my car with sponge before!

tw33k2514
02-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Once you go ONR you don't go back.

Bunky
02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Welcome to the rinseless club !

Ryansdetailing
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
for right now im a non believer using the ONR, when i placed my order i got some bottles because they were BOGO. My only question is...how do you clean your wheels/tires and wheel wells when using the ONR? and do you wash the windows to with the ONR?

ScottZ
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
for right now im a non believer using the ONR, when i placed my order i got some bottles because they were BOGO. My only question is...how do you clean your wheels/tires and wheel wells when using the ONR? and do you wash the windows to with the ONR?

I wash the wheels and tires last (pour the ONR solution from washing the paint into a different bucket and wash away) and I use ONR to wash windows.

Bunky
02-27-2012, 07:59 PM

I will use an all purpose cleaner like Optimum Power Clean and then using the used ONR as a rinse agent. Yes, you get more on the floor but it seems to work.

Beerwulf76
02-27-2012, 08:06 PM

I recommend having a separate wash media for wheels.I used my Meguire's wheel cleaning brush on the tires,but it's probably best to use a dedicated tire cleaner on APC on them and rinse with the ONR.

Yes I used used the ONR on the glass and windows,worked great but they weren't very dirty though.

tw33k2514
02-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Glass and paint - ONR
Wheel Wells and tires - APC 4:1, scrub with brush, spray water from a pressure sprayer, wipe dry with microfiber, and dress.
Wheels - Wheel cleaner, agitate with brushes, spray water from pressure sprayer, wipe dry.

ThirdgenTa
02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
As long as you keep up with the maintenance of your wheels and clean them weekly you will be fine using ONR on them. Just use a rag in the solution or do what I do. I use some ONR diluted at quick detailer solution in a spray bottle and spray it on the wheel and use a microfiber.