PDA

View Full Version : How to dress large Jeep tires?

shoeless89
02-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey guys, I have a Jeep Wrangler detail coming up soon and I'm curious what to use to dress the tires. Personally I don't think big tires on trucks, SUV's, etc. don't look very good all shiny or even remotely shiny. I was thinking about some Dodo Tyromania but I'd like to get your guys feedback. What do you use? Thanks guys!

Nick McKees37
02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
One thin, even coat of DP Gloss Tire Gel will do the trick. :dblthumb2:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1064/IMG_1200.JPG

flyinion
02-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I tried to use my Tyromania on mine the first time I washed it after buying back in January. I don't know what kind of tires the one you're going to do has, but mine with the stock Goodyear SR-A's have a ribbed sidewall and after 10 minutes trying to dress the spare with the little applicator in the Tyromania jar I gave up. If I can find a better way to apply it than the little applicator I will try Tyromania again when I get new tires that have a smooth sidewall though. I used the Pinnacle gel on the rest of the tires with the big rectangle foam tire dressing applicator from AG. It worked and I just wiped the tires after to reduce some of the shine. The Pinnacle is a low sheen anyway unless you layer it.

Edit: these are the applicators I used. With a smooth sidewall and some way to use tyromania with these, that would be the best setup for tires on a Jeep I think...... tire foam applicators, tire swipe (http://www.autogeek.net/tire-applicator.html)

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
I use Bold-n-Bright (liquid) and a paint brush works great on my 34" tires on my truck. I use either a coffee tin or a cut 1/2 gallon of milk container.

Time consuming but it is as easy as it gets other than spraying it on getting it all over the place lol.

Gav'sPurpleZ
02-28-2012, 08:43 PM
I use Meg's Hyper Dressing 3:1 ratio with water and it leaves a nice, clean shine. Nothing overly shiny.

I used it for the 32" MT's I had on my TJ and I use it for the 32" DuraTracs on my frontier.