PDA

View Full Version : OK to rinse before using ONR?

clawlan
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I am still too nervous to do a full rinse-less wash. Is it ok to rinse off the car before using ONR? I would still be using half the water because there would be no rinsing afterwards...

CleanGene
02-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Rinsing is never a bad thing.

embolism
02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
for sure you can rinse first. I do it if there is salty crud on the paint.

you can also mix up some ONR or waterless in a garden sprayer and presoak the panels to help loosen the dirt before your rinseless.

tw33k2514
02-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Rinse your heart out.

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
I am still too nervous to do a full rinse-less wash. Is it ok to rinse off the car before using ONR? I would still be using half the water because there would be no rinsing afterwards...
Sure it is OK! I usually do a hose down first because I can. It is quite safe to not hose down IME, but I prefer not to.

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
for sure you can rinse first. I do it if there is salty crud on the paint.

you can also mix up some ONR or waterless in a garden sprayer and presoak the panels to help loosen the dirt before your rinseless.
I keep a 2 gallon spprayer with UWW+ or Opti Clean.

david79z28
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I always rinse to remove any loose dirt before I use ONR... No problems yet...

Beerwulf76
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I keep a 2 gallon spprayer with UWW+ or Opti Clean.

When prerinsing with a sprayer,do you use a jet or mist spray setting on the nozzle?

Old Tiger
02-27-2012, 08:35 PM
When prerinsing with a sprayer,do you use a jet or mist spray setting on the nozzle?
I use a fanning mist and spray the whole car so it has time to soak.

SATracker
02-27-2012, 11:49 PM
I asked a simliar question a while back but was more along the line, can I spray the car with a waterless wash before ONR. I thought I was being somewhat original, noppers on that one. A lot of guys spray with a waterless product before ONR. So I concur with all the posts above...rinse away.

Shawn F.
02-27-2012, 11:54 PM
I usually blast the dirt and rinse with a pressure washer quickly to get in the cracks/jambs and to blast the majority of the dirt off then pull the vehicle in and continue with ONR. Nothing wrong with it and the amount of water used with the pressure washer is very low since it's mostly high pressure of water at around 2.5-3.5 GPM unless your using a commercial type pressure washer pushing 5.5 GPM and up which I doubt. That is why it's good to have a small electric power washer unit for this kind of thing...
As others stated, pre soak with ONR, let sit for a few minutes, blast with p/w then do your traditional ONR wash.

clawlan
02-28-2012, 01:03 AM
thanks everyone!