PDA

View Full Version : do you have stuff you dont use anymore?

paradog
03-06-2007, 09:46 PM
so I was going through my box of detailing stuff and I noticed that I had these cloth bonnets, mf bonnets, and a lambswool bonnet....here is the deal. I only use the lake country pads to do the application of everything and then I wipe off by hand. I no longer use these to detail. Am I wrong in doing this? What do you experienced types use these items for? Or have you done what I do and just use the lake country pads?

CalgaryDetail
03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I have lots of product I dont use, alot just sit in a tub and then when freinds want them they help themselves.

If you dont use them dont sweat. as you try more you will find you have mores and more products you dont use anymore

joe.p
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I think we all have products we no longer use ..not because there no good we just opt to move on and try other products looking for the perfect shine and easier ways to do it .sometimes we have so many they get lost in the mix..

Like Calgarys gold mine..i mean carnauba collection ;)

klumzypinoy
03-07-2007, 02:28 AM
I have some absorbers that I don't use on the car, maybe I should use em for around the house. I also have a Meguiars Cleaner wax that doesn't get touched, and some liquid turtle wax (Never touching any car I detail).

orngez
03-07-2007, 02:54 AM
alot of the polishes and waxes and other stuff i dont use anymore for the car gets used in the house...youd be suprised what some of the waxes and polishes do for the tub, tile, counter tops, etc ...the bonnets and pads you dont use anymore are great for scrubbing the tub, shower doors, and many other surfaces...

CalgaryDetail
03-07-2007, 03:18 AM
I think we all have products we no longer use ..not because there no good we just opt to move on and try other products looking for the perfect shine and easier ways to do it .sometimes we have so many they get lost in the mix..

Like Calgarys gold mine..i mean carnauba collection ;)

cumon jeo, i dont have that much.. really.. im not and addict.. ohh make the voices stop

nice to see you posting, its been a while since we have had a good post off.

Nice to hear from you again

ohh ya and i agreee with nothing this man says

ok ..ok just kiding he has lots of great info to share

MikeyC
03-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Oh man! Over the years I've had tons of stuff I stopped using. Typically, I'll try to use it up on someone else's car. If I can't do that I'll throw it away if there's just a tiny bit left or if there's a decent amount left I'll try to sell it or give it away to a friend.

joe.p
03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
cumon jeo, i dont have that much.. really.. im not and addict.. ohh make the voices stop

nice to see you posting, its been a while since we have had a good post off.

Nice to hear from you again

ohh ya and i agreee with nothing this man says

ok ..ok just kiding he has lots of great info to shareLOL

trhland
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
i have some stuff that i bought but not to happy with it so it sits in the base ment

Nuke33
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I have some stuff i do not use why let them go to waste pass them on to people!

ScottB
03-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I clean out the garage once a year .... toss items that were boring or never used. Try to give some to friends and neighbors during the year to avoid a chemical shutdown when trashman visits.

klumzypinoy
03-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Anybody live in San Diego that will let me sample some unused stuff? :)

chu
03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Everyone. pack all your stuff and send it my way!

67Customs
03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I got quite a few products I don't use. I just can't get rid of them though. I think it is a sickness. I always think I might need to use it even though I have better products.