PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on AutoGeek Foamaster?

Pages : [1] 2

mattmatt483
02-24-2012, 06:25 PM
I was looking at the AutoGeek Foamaster and was wondering if any of you have purchased it and used it yourself, and if you did what are your thoughts on it?

Setec Astronomy
02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
There's a lot of disagreement on the value of these, and the efficacy of these hose-end units vs. a foam cannon used with a pressure washer. I have 2 Foamasters, but if I was going to get another one I'd try the Foamaster II with the plastic adjusting parts, the brass ones tend to freeze up (don't know if the plastic will be any better or not, but they don't sell them here anyway).

mattmatt483
02-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the input. Also Do you like how the car looks after using it, or do you think its just the same as a regular hand wash?

Setec Astronomy
02-24-2012, 06:53 PM
It's not really about the looks of the car after, it's about presoaking and trying to float some of the dirt loose from the car before grinding it into the paint with your wash media. Really the best way to preclean is with a pressure washer, though.

Matt
02-24-2012, 08:48 PM
I have both the foam master and the foam cannon HP. In all honesty.... Don't buy the foam master. I have one and it's ok at making some foaming, but uses a LOT of shampoo for what really is a mediocre amount of foam.

Take the jump and buy a foam cannon HP. If you don't have a pressure washer, you can pick them up real cheap and it should be enough to run the foam cannon. The difference between these two foam systems is night and day. Later today if I get a chance I'll do a comparison on each one and put a couple of pics up here for you.

mattmatt483
02-24-2012, 08:51 PM
I have both the foam master and the foam cannon HP. In all honesty.... Don't buy the foam master. I have one and it's ok at making some foaming, but uses a LOT of shampoo for what really is a mediocre amount of foam.

Take the jump and buy a foam cannon HP. If you don't have a pressure washer, you can pick them up real cheap and it should be enough to run the foam cannon. The difference between these two foam systems is night and day. Later today if I get a chance I'll do a comparison on each one and put a couple of pics up here for you.

That would be awesome man

ScottB
02-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Love mine .. still use it many years later. Presoaking has its value IMO.

mattmatt483
02-24-2012, 09:52 PM

Hey scott I've looked at some videos on youtube of people using it and it varies how they use it, some use it to cover the car then wash it off with water then do the 2 bucket method, and others cover their car then don't spray off the soap and just wash it using the 2 bucket method. Which one would you recommend?

Infiniti
02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
I have the original one with metal which I like alot. It tells you after you get done washing to run clean water through all 5 of the slots to rinse them out which takes no time. The reviews I saw were better on the metal one which is the reason I bought it and I really like mine. You can use quite a bit of soap if you choose to do so. I use Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and use one tablespoon and then fill up the container about 2/3 full with water and give it a shake. I use the 2 hole from the right for my car and the 3 hole for my truck. One tablespoon for a gallon = 256 washes.

pickles
02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
I have a foam gun and I love it,but I was walking through Home depot and I stopped at the Miracle Grow hose attachment wondering if it would essentially do the same thing.Has anyone tried to use the Miracle grow gun as a foamer for their car?How did it work?

Kris R
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM

Presoaking having value and the foam master being a decent piece of equipment are two completely different topics. I agree that pre soaking has its value. In fact I pre soak in some form or another every wash but the foam master is a poor substitute offered to those that don't have a foam cannon. Those that say otherwise have not used both. It's like sweeping a carpet vs vacuuming it.

Kris R
02-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Mostly it's the price that really angers me. I was mad for spending so much on the foam master after the first use. It needs to be 20 bucks for what it is.

opie_7afe
02-24-2012, 11:36 PM
I have a foam gun and I love it,but I was walking through Home depot and I stopped at the Miracle Grow hose attachment wondering if it would essentially do the same thing.Has anyone tried to use the Miracle grow gun as a foamer for their car?How did it work?

I highly doubt this will work in the factory form, foam guns/cannons suck in air to mix with the water then via venturi effect it creates foam, the end nozzle shape helps as well. best option for a low price is the G-Foam home depot sells. just need the correct fitting for a pressure washer, basically most "foamers" are more like soap dispensers just to put some solution on surface and get to work, not really meant for soaking or where you want the active ingredients in the product to cling and stick around to loosen up dirt and grime..

VISITOR
02-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Mostly it's the price that really angers me. I was mad for spending so much on the foam master after the first use. It needs to be 20 bucks for what it is.

if you look around (probably kinda late now) you can find them for a little less...

Matt
02-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Ok so I've uploaded the pics from today, but I have to go out now so I will post them directly to this thread later.

Until then, you can view them here:

Cars & Misc. - AutogeekOnline Gallery (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=906)

The photo file names are respective of what stage the foaming and soaking was at. Each foam system was used, then photos taken straight away, then let to dwell for 2 mins 30 seconds and another photo taken.

The shampoo used was DP Xtreme foam. I used the equilivant of 2oz of Xtreme foam to 32oz of water (in this case, I used 1/2 an oz to 8 oz of water..... same ratio as if I filled the bottle completely). I did this because I didn't need a full bottle of foaming solution since it was only used to foam the right side of the car for demonstration purposes.

Cheers,
Matt