PDA

View Full Version : Mixing different Spray Detailers? Possible?

ComradeGrumbles
02-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi! I just joined the forum, my apologies if there is already a topic like this one out there..

Anways, I've been detailing for a little while now, and I just got a neat idea that I wanted to run by some of you fine people. I've always considered myself to be a science type, and I wondered about mixing different Spray Detailers and Spray Waxes together. Assuming all the products I mix are clear coat safe, I assume the final mixture will still be clearcoat safe?

For example, I've always liked Pinnacle's Spray Detailer, but it doesn't quite bead rain as much as I'd like. I know that Meguiar's Spray wax creates some REALLY good beading on my car, so I thought about mixing the two. This way I could get some of the awesome appearance of the Pinnacle,, with the awesome beading of the Meguiars.

Even if the end result isn't perfect, I'm interested in mixing up my own blends of spray waxes and detailers in mini spray bottles for hte sake of trying new things. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I haven't but I don't see any reason why you couldn't. And it might just land you a job at CG.

Black Car
02-25-2012, 11:15 AM
welcome to AG. let us know what your findings are.