PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Bug Bugger Heavy Duty Shampoo?

LSUFAN
02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
And again guys another CG question. Ill make this one short, this shampoo says it can be diluted down an sprayed directly on the surface an let dwell. But again it does not say anything about the dilution ratio. I have a 16 oz bottle of it now an want to start using it but every time i try an call CG i can never seem to talk to anyone. So your help is much appreciated. At least something more than so many capfuls to so many gallons.

I have two bottles (one not even open) of Diamondite Bug Eraser™ Waterless Bug Remover and i absolutely cant stand the stuff, so it justs going to sits in the detail trailer.Maybe i'll give it to a family member im not to happy with.lol
:laughing:
Thanks again

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Is it green? I'd try 3:1 water:product

Jeff120
02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
I rem. reading are review that was 1 oz per gallon. Id start there.

LSUFAN
02-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Is it green? I'd try 3:1 water:product
Not green its an Orange color.

I rem. reading are review that was 1 oz per gallon. Id start there.
WOW i hope it works well at 1oz to a gal of water that be 16 gals of bug remover. Besides ONR (clay lube) i haven't found anything i can cut down that much. For 8.99 for 16oz im highly skeptical it will work to my liking at that dilution. But will def start with that. :dblthumb2:
Anyone else

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm telling you 3:1 just like Bug Squash.

LSUFAN
02-23-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm telling you 3:1 just like Bug Squash.
Ok i must of read your first post to fast.lol That seems to be a reasonable dilution ratio compared to an oz per gal. Thanks.

How well does bug splash work as a bug removal compared to CG stuff?

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Ok i must of read your first post to fast.lol That seems to be a reasonable dilution ratio compared to an oz per gal. Thanks.

How well does bug splash work as a bug removal compared to CG stuff?

I dunno.

Robert8194
02-23-2012, 10:17 PM
The description on AG says:
Chemical Guys Bug Bugger Heavy Duty Shampoo is a multi surface-safe concentrated formula; 3 capfuls is enough to make a gallon of wash liquid. It can also be diluted to a lesser amount and sprayed directly onto specific areas such as the hood, lower half of the car and wheels, left for about 30 seconds and then hosed down, making the whole wash process much easier.
I read that to say the dilution to spray on the surfaces is LESS than 3 caps per gallon. Now, that is dilution. I have bottle and guess I better try it.

LSUFAN
02-23-2012, 10:29 PM
The description on AG says:
Chemical Guys Bug Bugger Heavy Duty Shampoo is a multi surface-safe concentrated formula; 3 capfuls is enough to make a gallon of wash liquid. It can also be diluted to a lesser amount and sprayed directly onto specific areas such as the hood, lower half of the car and wheels, left for about 30 seconds and then hosed down, making the whole wash process much easier.
I read that to say the dilution to spray on the surfaces is LESS than 3 caps per gallon. Now, that is dilution. I have bottle and guess I better try it.

I understand that it says 3 capfuls per gallon for a wash an less than that for the spray on dilution. But just like my thread last night what it a capful to CG in oz or even mils. every one of there products you can dilute say capfuls not oz like most manufactures do in there directions. Im not looking to use this as a wash just a bug remover i can spray on let dwell an i can come back with my wash or pressure washer an have "most" the work done for me. Sometimes detailing for a living can make you want to pull your hair out. Well some manufactures anyway.:laughing:

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm so confused--on the CG site this stuff is called "No More Bugs & Tar Heavy Duty Shampoo" on the page, even though the picture shows a bottle which simply says "Bug & Tar Wash", but here at AG it's "Bug Bugger & Tar Remover"...sounds like the usual CG nonsense to me.

Yeah, 3 capfuls but it can be "diluted to a lesser amount and sprayed directly onto specific areas..." Seems Poorboy's decided their Bug Squash is 3:1 dilution for that application.

LSUFAN
02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm so confused--on the CG site this stuff is called "No More Bugs & Tar Heavy Duty Shampoo" on the page, even though the picture shows a bottle which simply says "Bug & Tar Wash", but here at AG it's "Bug Bugger & Tar Remover"...sounds like the usual CG nonsense to me.

Yeah, 3 capfuls but it can be "diluted to a lesser amount and sprayed directly onto specific areas..." Seems Poorboy's decided their Bug Squash is 3:1 dilution for that application.
WOW didnt even think of going to there web-site. Im confused also :confused: seems to me CG has way to many products. 3 different products 3 different colors 3 different names but pretty much do the same thing. Seems ive caused myself more of a headache than anything trying out a few CG products.

Al1515
04-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I have been using this product for a couple of years as my first-line bug remover product.

I simply spray undiluted onto bug residue on the paint/glass, sort of as a pre-wash. Most of the affected areas are on the front of the vehicle and on the backs of the sideview mirrors and on the front windshield.

I then lightly agitate with a long Carrand brush with blue bristles (similar to Carrand Deluxe Super Soft Car Wash Brush currently available on AG's website; however, I bought mine for $4 at Harbor Freight a long time ago). If it requires a little more agitation, I go with the Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad (which very slowly disintegrates over time with exposure to harsh bug and tar removing chemicals, but I still think it is a useful item to have).

Rinse with water, and you are then ready to move onto the dedicated full car wash.

Even using it like this, I find a 16oz bottle to last a very long time (although keep in mind that I only have time to clean my car about every 6 weeks).

Hope this is helpful.

Al