PDA

View Full Version : What or who influences you to try new products?

Pages : [1] 2

HiDefDetailer
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Let me hear your thoughts....whom or what influences you guys to try out a product? Forum reviews, personal recommendations, ads?

Bamaboy007
02-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Forum reviews

Porsche Pilot
02-23-2012, 07:04 PM
For me, the first influence is the manufacturer. I know which companies make products that fit my specifics. If they come out with something new I will rely on forum reviews to assist in my decision. Real world use by a competent user really helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShinyRex
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Forum reviews

Cee Dog's Reviews :)

Really any good review with lots of pics and a solid test method will get me to bite. As long as I can aford the price point and the findings offer a capability I do not already have or achieves it easier.

tuscarora dave
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
For me, the first influence is the manufacturer. I know which companies make products that fit my specifics. If they come out with something new I will rely on forum reviews to assist in my decision. Real world use by a competent user really helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here but even more so is when I personally have the opportunity to test out a beta product or a newly released product and write my findings and opinions about it in a thread with photos. I think it's fun. I've found what works for me finally and am not really interested in changing anything but I still want to know personally how other products work and or stand up to my process. I think they call that open mindedness.

rider9195
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM

Really any good review with lots of pics and a solid test method will get me to bite. As long as I can aford the price point and the findings offer a capability I do not already have or achieves it easier.

:iagree: +1

TornadoRed
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
If it's good enough for Sky Baby, it's good enough for me.

alko
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
The unpacking thread!!!

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
I was just thinking about this today...how is it possible to not be in product overload? Historically I was a Meguiar's guy and I used to go out of my way to get Mirror Glaze products, then I was out of it for a while and when I got back into things, MOL existed and I went there and there were lots of products, and from there I found another forum which exposed me to a number of other new products. Back in that day (2004), Autogeek had a much smaller number of products.

Today there are so many products I don't know how you could decide what to buy. Luckily I have enough products built up over the years so I don't need to buy anything until 2023. If I was starting now, it would be so easy to run up 30 years of inventory.

CamaroSS27
02-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I really like the reviews

mjlinane
02-23-2012, 09:26 PM
BOGOs....

on products that sound interesting.

tw33k2514
02-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I buy based on need. If I need a certain type of product I will then seek out reviews and buy what seems best. I try not to buy multiple things that do the same thing... The key word here is try...

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I try not to buy multiple things that do the same thing... The key word here is try...

You're my hero! Where were you in 2004-2006 when I needed you? On the plus side I just used up my QEW from 2004...I should have my ONR used up by 2020 or so, depending on if I have all my conventional shampoos used up before then...

S2K
02-23-2012, 10:31 PM

:iagree: +1

If it's good enough for Sky Baby, it's good enough for me.

Is there really any other way to trust a product?

tkendrick
02-23-2012, 10:47 PM
At first, I purchased a product based on an outstanding review. I soon discovered rarely do I read a bad review of a product.

Ponce De Leon kept looking for the fountain of youth, while I searched for the best LSP, coating, shampoo or whatever the latest and greatest might be.

I discovered I really couldn't tell much of a difference between many of the products if I was really honest. They all were pretty good.

Next, I would wait until a product was on BOGO. Maybe that's why I have more products than I can ever use.

So, I've decided that I'm never going to see BIGFOOT...or find the best LSP, coating, shampoo or the it miracle product.....

Now, I'll purchase a product on how long it will last, how easy it is to apply and how cost effective it might be.

If I've learned anything, product doesn't matter nearly as much as process.