PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing

Pages : [1] 2

AntC
02-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Hey AutoGeeks,

What is the sickest wettest looking, shiniest ,longest lasting tire dressing out there , what are your favorites, spray or wipe on !!!

Stang Man
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel shines like crazy. You need to really let it "Soak in" and maybe even lightly buff it off so it doesn't sling, in my experience.

It's purple, and smells amazing, too!

bigez
02-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Seems like a lot of people don't like "shiny" tires anymore. But some people do, so I'm "tagging" this thread to see what others come up with. Meguiar's has that stuff in a spray can (hot wheels or something), that is pretty shiny, but may sling off more than a gel.

AntC
02-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Seems like a lot of people don't like "shiny" tires anymore..

I may just be old school but I like a clean wet looking tire

opie_7afe
02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
i used to like really shiny tires untill i used optibond, then i got hooked to the satin sheen with the deep black look.however, sometimes i have a little urge wanting a really shiny tire and that just dont happen with my tires. anyways the endurance GEL does provide good shine from what i seen, i bought the spray by mistake and it does provide shine just is thin and i dont like using sprays for dressing. one thing i dont like about the shiney dressings, one of the main reasons why i like satin sheen also is due to the fact most shiney tire dressings attract dirt and dust like no other and dont like to release the dirt easy. compared to optibond where i can rinse my tire off and its nearly clean.

BrandonJ
02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
for a gel the old formula of blackfire gel is very wet looking, and as black as well. meguiars has an aeresol product that is extremely wet as well. Hot shine maybe? its sold here too.

timaishu
02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
The shiniest Ive used is armor all extreme foam or whatever its called.

I thought I like the satin look better until I decided to try the armoral just because.

Let me tell you that it looks pretty dang good. I think its all in the application. Alot of people seem to associate shiny tires with dealers and its almost always applied uneven, splottchy or on dirty tires making it look nasty.

I always degrease my tires before applying a dressing. with the AA foam, I spray it on like the directions say and then also spray a little on an applicator and then use it to spread it so its even. The bottle states it will even itself out and soak in with but that is simply not true. It must be spread for it to look its best.

Jaddie
02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Dear AntC

Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel definitely looks wet, especially if you apply two coats. And it lasts a long time, too. The gloss can get gone in a few days, but the deep black will last for weeks.

That was the first tire dressing I bought for our new van. I bet I still have half a bottle left.

Then I got turned onto the satin sheen of Opti-Bond and Blackfire's new tire gel.

Jaddie
02-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Dear Jacob

The shiniest Ive used is armor all extreme foam or whatever its called.

I thought I like the satin look better until I decided to try the armoral just because.

I last used an Armor All tire dressing in 2008. After a while my tires turned grayish brown, and if I didn't keep my tires freshly dressed, they didn't look good.

The next tire dressing I used was last October. It was Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel, and that was in a different league completely. Maybe Armor All changed its formula and lasts much longer now without letting the rubber it treats turn brown.

AntC
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
One thing I do notice about armor all, it never works well ( for me ) on my tires but it really does well on the trim, I usually use tire wet on my tires ( before I new about this site) but I'm not liking the sling usually when I was the truck I do it in the afternoon or early evening so the tire dressing can settle but you don't always have time.

shoeless89
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Shiniest, Meguiar's Insane Tire Shine. My favorite is Opti-bond. My second favorite is Pinnacle Black Onyx, pretty shiny and long lasting.

Jaretr1
02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I have been using megs endurance tire spray. It's not super shiny, but it does seem to have some staying power. And yes, while it comes out of the sprayer white, it turns purplish when wiped on and smells good.

timaishu
02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Dear Jacob

I last used an Armor All tire dressing in 2008. After a while my tires turned grayish brown, and if I didn't keep my tires freshly dressed, they didn't look good.

The next tire dressing I used was last October. It was Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel, and that was in a different league completely. Maybe Armor All changed its formula and lasts much longer now without letting the rubber it treats turn brown.

Maybe it does turn them brown? I wouldnt know however as like I said, I degrease my tires and apply a new dressing every wash. So mine would never have a chance to turn brown.

However though, I have sort of notice the grey you mentioned but no browning if I go a few weeks between washes. Only happens though if it rains and some of the dressing gets washed off.

Dr Oldz
02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
What's Armor All?

:D

CleanGene
02-23-2012, 03:54 PM
My favorite is Opti-Bond and depending on how you apply it, it will yield different results. If applied with the opti-gun and left to dry, you will have an extremely wet/high gloss look. If applied with an applicator, you will get more of the satin look. Very versatile product.