PDA

View Full Version : removing spray wax spots on clear coat finish

msakowski
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
HELP!! I have always detailed my cars inside and out and recently was at spray car wash degreasing the undercarriage and had some time left and decided to do a quick spray wax on car and left without drying as was on freeway right away and figured the wax would beed and roll off...WRONG!!

I now have dried spray wax on hood, roof and trunk of car. Over the weekend I clayed the car, I have used almost a whole bottle of Meguires Ultimate Compound, first by hand and then with buffer and terry cloth bonnet and hardly any of the spray wax will come off, the hood, roof and trunk are very smooth and shinny but the wax spots still there. I tried vinegar and water also and did not work.

I have read a bunch of the posting about water spots but haven't seen any about dried on spray wax.

I can't believe I did this and am going crazy trying to fix. Can anyone help??

Thanks,

msakowski

Stang Man
02-22-2012, 03:45 PM
What kind of buffer are you using, and with a terry cloth bonnet?

msakowski
02-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Just a 6" orbital buffer not sure of brand name and and a terry cloth bonnet

rider9195
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Wash with Dawn should do the trick.

msakowski
02-22-2012, 03:51 PM
I tried using dishwasher soap when I got home with the car and realized what had happend but did not work

rider9195
02-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Bring it to your nearest detailer. Members can suggest a good detailer in your area.

msakowski
02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Ok, I am here in southern California, I live in Corona,Ca and work in Tustin,Ca
if any member knows a resonable, good detailer that has fixed this problem before,
thanks

embolism
02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
those multi function car wash bays are dangerous imo.

First of all, it takes a while to switch from item to item so if you are trying to hurry, turn the knob to something, then start spraying, you are likely getting the last thing you used before making the switch, at least for a few seconds while the new product makes its way through the lines.

It's likely that you got degreaser and spraywax on your car, then let it dry/bake etc.

What's done is done though. Do you have a DA? Maybe post a pic so you can get the best suggestions?

An orbital isn't really going to give you the cutting you'll need to handle this. You might have to buy or borrow a machine and some cutting pads to use with the UC, maybe even move to M105.

msakowski
02-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks, I will have to take picture and post it and see if anyone I know has a better suited buffer

Setec Astronomy
02-22-2012, 05:19 PM
There's Show Car Detailing in Anaheim, Superior Shine is there somewhere in the LA area, and forum-member SpoiledMan is also in that area, I think. You might want to start a thread titled "Pro Detailing Help in Corona/Tustin Area".

I also think you have some dried on degreaser spotting as Embolism postulated.