PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Glaze after Wolfgang glaze

swanicyouth
02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm wondering if it's worth using Menzerna Finishing glaze after using Wolgang glaze, after I understand the Wolfgang product is more of a fine polish. I just did my black BMW with a PC 7424 and the Wolfgang twins using orange and white LC pads. I don't have a lot of experience and this is the first time polishing this car. I was able to get a close to perfect finish, but it takes a lot of time using the 7424 and multiple passes. I now have the car parked inside and a bottle of the Menzerna glaze. I'm wondering how to apply this product with a 7424 and which speed, how many passes, how much pressure and which LC pad works best( I also have red and grey pads). I I glaze it (or not) I will top it with Power Lock, then P21s. Thanks!

embolism
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't think it will do anything. Menzerna chart says it has no cut.

I'd just top it with the sealant...

ScottB
02-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Wolfgangs Finishing Glaze 3.0 is a final polish. I suppose you could use a dedicated glaze afterwards as needed, but no need IMO.

fenderpicks
02-22-2012, 10:35 PM
i had the same question as you, but i was told the WG Glaze gives a better finish than the merzerna.

mg6045
03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Menzerna is my absolute go to product line. All of there products are amazing and fool-proof IME.

With that said, the Menzerna Glaze is the absolute worst product they sell. By a long shot. Not only that, but its the absolute worst glaze I have ever used as well.

The menzerna Glaze is a real professional body shop type product made for fresh paint that should not be waxed. Just something to cover the paint and offer a small sacrificial barrier until the paint has cured. For the enthusiast market this product is no good.

If your looking for a good glaze that cures on its own and can be topped with a sealant or wax without interfering with its bonding, I would suggest anyone of these 3 glazes. All are very similar and they all are packed with polymers that cure like a sealant and can be topped within 30 minutes.

I have used 2 of the 3 and IME, they all work, but I will list them in the order I prefer.

All 3 have chemical and extremely fine abrasives that will clean and prep the paint before applying your sealant/wax.

- Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze w/Acrylic Shine II 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-ez-creme-glaze-shine.html)
This product I favor the most as its consistency is more creamy than the others. Because of this its easier to work and does not gum up the pads as much. Also it makes ZERO dust. Cures very well and adds a lot of gloss. Best yet it cleans the paint very well. Works great by hand and DA polisher with a finishing pad. can also be used with a polishing pad for more cleaning action.

- Prima Amigo Pre-Wax Cleanser & Gloss Enhancer, Prima prewax polish (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-amigo-cleanser.html)
Another great glaze that offers the same features of cleaning with chemicals and light abrasives. This one has a thicker consistency which makes working by hand a little cleaner, but when used with a polisher it will gum up the pad more than the Chemical guys glaze, and will also dust once the pad gets gummed up. Smells amazing, works well and can be topped.

- Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze can be applied any time to hide minor imperfections and to enhance gloss on black, red, and all dark vehicles. (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-black-hole-show-glaze.html)
I have never used this product, but have seen good reviews and from what I understand this product offers the same features as above. From what I have read on the product it is very similar to the Prima glaze. So it makes me think that it has a thicker consistency than the CHemical Guys glaze which will make it act more like the Prima product.

All 3 products will do what I believe you are trying to achieve. And while they may be body shop safe, are more geared towards what an enthusiast is trying to achieve rather than a paint shop based product.

Hope that helps.

mg6045
03-10-2012, 11:04 AM
i had the same question as you, but i was told the WG Glaze gives a better finish than the merzerna.

Wolfgang Glaze is a Finishing Polish with Diminishing Abrasives. It should be used with a machine and a polishing pad or a finishing pad. Its not really a "Glaze" as most understand it. Applying it by hand is really a waste of product IMO.

Wolfgang Glaze is basically the same product as this -

Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA, Menzerna Final Polish, Nano abrasives, finishing polish, professional polish (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-nano-polish-po-106-fa-finishing-polish.html)

Its made for paint correction. Not to simply add gloss. Which it may add gloss, it is because you are mechanically cleaning the paint with abrasives.

swanicyouth
03-10-2012, 11:47 AM
I decided to finish with the Wolfgang glaze on a white LC pad and top it. I ordered some PO85RD and since the paint looks good now, I will leave it alone for a while, and use the ordered stuff on my next polish.

eboose7
03-10-2012, 12:31 PM
I absolutely love the Menzerna PO85RD. I use it with an LC black pad on my Flex XC3401 for jeweling the paint before applying the LSP. The results are awesome. Followed with WGDGPS and topped with Fuzion, the result is a showcar shine every time!

swanicyouth
03-10-2012, 07:06 PM
I cant wait to try this stuff. It's on BMW BSM and in my limited amateur detailing experience this paint is finicky. It seems to show every defect or swirl. My other car is a Nissan Pathfinder that's Bayshore Blue which is a light blue metallic. This paint looks great no matter what you do to it. Its odd how different paints have different characteristics.