PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Users Beware

Spiney
02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Paypal users beware! I bought a few small items off E-bay and one from New-Egg. Paid with Paypal like I always do. Instead of running it through Paypal they ran it through their Bill Me Later. So instead of 4 small payments I had one big one that I didn't even know was on a credit card due in 2 days. I would have had a late fee of $25. Very sneaky. I used Bill-Me -Later once on an introduction that knocked $25 off a purchase. I didn't know they would make it the default. I just paid it off and will be cancelling it. Be very careful if you use Paypal.

I just caught this tonight when I bought my VIP $100 gift certificate. Next time I'll just use my card straight through AG.

Along the same lines both New Egg and Buy.com will advertise something as Free Shipping. But when you order the item the shipping defaults to Standard Shipping of $7.99 You have to go back and check Free Shipping. They are all sneaky, Except of course the always upfront #1 AutoGeek. Spiney

ExoticAutoDetai
02-21-2012, 10:48 PM
You may have click on "bill me later" by accident and not notice it. I have been using paypal and Newegg for a very long time and never had an issue with them and still using their service!

Spiney
02-22-2012, 01:56 AM
I've been using Paypal since it's inception. I have over 550 Ebay transactions, since the 90's. Somewhere along the line they started making Bill me later the default. I will still use both and I love New Egg, but was shocked that my last 5 purchases were Bill Me Later. I may have made a mistake once, but NOT 5 times. Just be aware.