PDA

View Full Version : ? from a noob

Pages : [1] 2

V-DUB
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Hello yall,

Well i'm new to all of this. I'm getting the basics down but i would like some answers on what i should start with, what kind of products i should use? What web sites to get on? I would like to buy in bulk if i can you know to save some money?!!!! Well thanks to anyone who answers.

Thanks
V-DUB

ltoman
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
What kind, color, and condition of car do you have? Are you willing to buy the pc?

Brace1
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
..what kind of products i should use? What web sites to get on? I would like to buy in bulk if i can you know to save some money..

You're gonna get a lot of opinions on best products, and really there's no single right answer. Just do lotsa reading on this website (Autogeek is the answer to question #2) and formulate your own opinion.

Don't be in a huge rush to buy anything in bulk, and as Lauren asked: are you willing to buy a PC? You can buy that right away, as any polishing you do with ANY product you ultimately decide upon will be a whole lot more effective than by hand.

ltoman
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Yah God knows everyone will tell you to buy everything and it is all good so you will want it all, even if you can't use it up, and end up broke like the rest of us... then they throw a REALLY great sale...
It is an OCD cycle.....

Lauren

Whitethunder46
03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
There are many good websites to buy products from. But in all honesty, Autogeek is IMHO #1 without a doubt. They have a very very Wide range of products and the best customer service you will ever experience.

ltoman
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
There are many good websites to buy products from. But in all honesty, Autogeek is IMHO #1 without a doubt. They have a very very Wide range of products and the best customer service you will ever experience. (I meant within AG! XMT, PB, Dp... the list goes on and on!!)

ScottB
03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Wash --- Clay ---- Polish --- Protect

fill in the areas with products than line the AG walls !!

Whitethunder46
03-06-2007, 05:02 PM
(I meant within AG! XMT, PB, Dp... the list goes on and on!!)

I was responding to V-DUB's post, lol

ltoman
03-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I was responding to V-DUB's post, lol

Duh, sorry..... I am the AG village blonde idiot from time to time.

At least this time I did not compliment the Mercedes owner on his hot Honda!

(sneaking out the back....:o )
Lauren:D

Nuke33
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Anything AG has is great! i like Op polishes - Nattys waxes both great prices

V-DUB
03-06-2007, 05:45 PM
yes i am willing to buy the pc. i have a vw touraeg, color is called offroad gray

V-DUB
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM
thanks everyone for your replies it has help! i am ordering my pc today and going to start my love of DETAILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like the rest of yall.

ltoman
03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
thanks everyone for your replies it has help! i am ordering my pc today and going to start my love of DETAILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like the rest of yall.

i suggest the kit with xmt line with the pc. Go with the intermediate.
Then you want Pinnacle signature series 2 as your wax because you have a light metallic color.

What you want to wash with depends again on what you want to spend - this gets costly fast. Sign up for the newsletter - you will get a code for 15%, I think, off your first order if you order in like a week of its receipt. I might be slightly off on my times there.

V-DUB
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
thanks again. news letter? r you talking about the one on this site. and how do i get in there. Also i know i'm a noob but i really do want my truck to have that gel/mirror look shine.

klumzypinoy
03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Welcome to Autogeek. It's the preparation that counts when you want that great looking mirror look :p . Dull paint won't do jack even when it's waxed :(. Join Our Newsletter (http://www.autogeek.net/nesiup.html) this is where you can sign up for the news letter. http://www.autogeekonline.net/blog/ Check this out for updates as well.