PDA

View Full Version : planning a vacation

pixelmonkey
02-21-2012, 10:21 AM
this summer my wife wants to see the ocean and beaches...

Hawaii was the first thought; but, looking at the cost, I'm now leaning toward Key West.

Fly into Miami and jump into a rental car. Take a wrong turn and "accidentally on purpose" drive North a few miles. Might end up around Stuart Florida. I've heard someone there has a compass and can offer directions South.

still working on getting the wife to agree to the keys.
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

alko
02-21-2012, 10:24 AM
LMAO!!! She better not see this thread hahahahahha!!!!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
We went to the Keys last year and had an incredible time... We stayed on the quite side of Duvall right on the beach... We loved it and would def go back again...

We flew directly into the keys and after meeting people there that drove in from Miami, we wouldn't do it any other way.

Jaretr1
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Living in Miami, I disagree. The drive from the mainland down to Key West is one of the most enjoyable drives in the country. There is so much more to the Keys than just Key West. And even from Miami, if you go the back roads, and stay off the expressways, the drive through Miami Dade county can be quite scenic as well.

As far as ocean and beaches, the entire east coast of Florida has that to offer.

Harleyguy
02-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Come on down Chris can't beat the weather or the blue ocean .

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Living in Miami, I disagree. The drive from the mainland down to Key West is one of the most enjoyable drives in the country. There is so much more to the Keys than just Key West. And even from Miami, if you go the back roads, and stay off the expressways, the drive through Miami Dade county can be quite scenic as well.

As far as ocean and beaches, the entire east coast of Florida has that to offer.

We stayed in the Keys for a week and there was so much we still wanted to do... That is why I would not want to use any vacation time making that drive.

timaishu
02-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Go to catalina island!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Go to catalina island!

I havent been to Catalina in over 15 years but, with that said, the Keys blows catalina out of the water....

timaishu
02-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I havent been to Catalina in over 15 years but, with that said, the Keys blows catalina out of the water....

Really? Ive never been to key west. Ive been to catalina 3 times. I love that place.

mbkite
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
We just got back from key west thought is was good. The weather was a little cold this time of year. 10 of us rented a house in big copett. about 3 miles from duvall st. If you go snorkeling tag along with a dive boat we went out 7 miles to a 5 finger like reef. If your lucky they say you will see a 6 ft reef shark swimming between you and the divers we didn't see the shark on our trip. the night life was good on Duvall st . Every thing is expensive 10 of us had lunch at hard rock just burgers 350.. so bring money. My choice would be the caribbean for this time of year.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Really? Ive never been to key west. Ive been to catalina 3 times. I love that place.

Don't get me wrong Catalina is a blast... I have many, many stories of debauchery from Catalina as I used to live in Venice beach Cali and we would take my friends dads, boat to the island....