PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips????

Pages : [1] 2

Darren F
03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Finally broke down and ordered a PC Kit from AG.....Any tips any one can give me to help me out? Am a little afraid to use it the first time so any advise would be great....I have some minor swirls on my Black Lexus....I have Optimum Poli Seal, Meq's ColorX, and Werkstatt's Prime Acrylic, which would work best for me and what speed does the PC need to be at?
:confused:

nick19
03-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Finally broke down and ordered a PC Kit from AG.....Any tips any one can give me to help me out? Am a little afraid to use it the first time so any advise would be great....I have some minor swirls on my Black Lexus....I have Optimum Poli Seal, Meq's ColorX, and Werkstatt's Prime Acrylic, which would work best for me and what speed does the PC need to be at?
:confused:

I would find a "kit" of swirl removers that you like, and use them. I use Optimum, DP's, and Meg's. XMT, Pinnacle Twins, WG, etc. are all good choices too.

What pads did you buy? From the three products you listed, Poli-Seal might be your best bet for those minor swirls. Not sure about Wekstatts though.

ScottB
03-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Pinnacle (http://www.auto-geek.net/video/pinnacle/Pinnacle.html)

AL417
03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
It may be helpful for you to review the PC videos on the AG site. Here's a link for you
Dual Action Orbital Polishers and pads: Porter Cable 7424 : Lake Country Buffing Foam Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html)

Here's another link to more videos that should help you out some more. These video's rock.:righton:
Pinnacle Natural Brilliance car care products are made of natural ingredients & modern science! souveran, signature series, carnauba, paintwork (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html)

Good Luck!

ltoman
03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
cPanelŽ (http://Pinnacle)

Pinnacle ROCKS!

trhland
03-06-2007, 05:23 PM
dam i think im the only one left that hasnt tryed pinnicle yet. i hear nothing but great things about it!! .even on other detailing web sites. once i get back to landscaping in a few weeks im going to have to invest in some .cant wait!!!!! hopefully they will have that deal buy on get one free again .paste!!!

Darren F
03-06-2007, 10:33 PM
guess i should have ordered the pinnacle kit...since i had those other products i didnt think to order any other products....but i did buy orange polishing pads and gray finishing pads

Darren F
03-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Just used the PC for the first time...Used Werstatt's Prime Acrylic and it removed the minor swirls I had, then topped it with Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett Trigger....The car looks great...My question is what pad could I have used to remove the Prime Acrylic? There were some areas where I guess I had it on too thick and it was hard to get off so I used my store bought oribital and that definitely helped but it was still not easy...Im sure if I had the right pad for the PC it would have been much easier....

Nica
03-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Darren F,

Nice another Lexus buddy. First of all welcome to the best hobby you will ever have. Keeping your car looking it's best is a fun hobby..well keeping any car looking new is fun if you ask me....but I'm a detail freak...just like all the other members here.

One advise I can share from my own experience is don't apply to much pressure to the PC, I was applying way to much pressure and still managed to get great results.

When you can, you should post pictures of your Lexus. I like the shape of Lexus’s vehicles, very sexy.

Darren F
03-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Can I use a cutting pad to remove, polish, wax or sealants?

Stittville Ed
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
NO
It's made for cutting as in the name.
Use a Micro Fiber to remove/clean up

Darren F
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
IF I want to use the PC to remove product is there a specific pad to use?

Nuke33
03-09-2007, 06:25 PM
U can cover a whool pad with a MF bonnet or i think u can use a fisnishing pad but im not sure... maybe it was polishing.... easy to remove it by hand though probably faster too

BILL
03-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Just used the PC for the first time...Used Werstatt's Prime Acrylic and it removed the minor swirls I had, then topped it with Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett Trigger....The car looks great...My question is what pad could I have used to remove the Prime Acrylic? There were some areas where I guess I had it on too thick and it was hard to get off so I used my store bought oribital and that definitely helped but it was still not easy...Im sure if I had the right pad for the PC it would have been much easier....

Orange pad......

Darren F
03-09-2007, 10:27 PM
so i can use an orange polishing pad for applying polish and also use it to remove polish, wax or sealant? does it need to be covered with a bonnet?