PDA

View Full Version : New member, new car

Larry S
02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Hello all,

My name is Larry. Just bought my first nice car to really give love to. I have been caring for my cars for many years, but nothing I could really care for.

I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla S , Black Sand Pearl, a real beauty. The finish is quite good, but really needs love.

I have a porter cable G100 DA. I already have a 6.5 meguiars DA backing plate with 3 new soft touch 2.0 pads.

I just ordered cleaning things, Optimum no rinse, DP wheel kit, glass cleaner, micros, and such.

I do want to place an order for the paint goods. I have read good things of
Pinnacle paint cleansing lotion
Pinnacle advanced swirl remover
Pinnacle adv finishing polish
Blackfire diamond wet sealant
Pinnacle liquid souveran, Not sure about this one. Maybe just do the blackfire a few times and call it a day or 2.

I see everyone uses the LC 5" backing plate and ccs and hydro tech 5.5 pads, not sure what thickness.

Well, thats where I'm at now. can't wait to get going. Would love to hear some feedback on my temporary list ideas. There a re so many of you that done beautiful work on your vehicles, I am so envious, and want to do the same.

Thanks,
Larry

pcw25
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Welcome to AG! :)
:welcome:

pcw25
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
The entire Pinnacle line is great as well as the Blackfire line. Other polishes that work well are Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, Menzerna PO85RD (a forum favorite, however I can't speak for everyone), and another great finishing polish would be Menzerna 106FA. I just ordered some 5" flat pads. Hydro-Techs do not last long and get obliterated in about 1-2 cars. I would choose 5.5" Lake Country pads along with a 5" backing plate for your buffer. Happy detailing! :)

glen e
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Try staying within a mfr as they add to each other band I agree with you that maybe going simple at first is the way to go
So from pinnacle or BF after claying:
A light polish with polishing pad
A sealant
A LSP wax

the polish and sealant might be enuf right there....