PDA

View Full Version : Sunny day in Houston TX, is time for a wash

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Okay finally... a sunny day here in Houston TX, after like 2 weeks straight of rainy weather... it's time for a detail.

So right now i plan on doing a foam wash, clay bar, WG Swirl remover 3.0, Mezerna Final Finish,WG Polish enhancer, WG Glaze, WG Deep gloss paint sealant, WG Fuzion wax.

Just need to make sure if this is the right order before i proceed lol.
Sorry if this question has been answered before...

meotai
02-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Haha me too! bought a car in Katy last week, and drove it unprotected for a week =(

Looks right, But I'm unsure if your sealant need to set before putting on the wax. Someone please correct me.

Tundra_10
02-19-2012, 03:40 PM
.. yeah wait about 24hrs before you apply fuzion OR apply the fuzion and not the sealant.

Also I do not think the polish enhancer is necessary after you polish. Its only necessary if you are not polishing and reapplying a new layer of sealant or wax and want to remove the old.

How about you try this... Wash, clay, swirl remover, glaze, sealant then wax 24hrs later or as I said just jump to the wax. The final finish and polish enhancer are extra and unnecessary.

LSUFAN
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
I know how you feel here in Lafayette LA it's been the same weather. I was so happy after the rain stopped I did an onr wash on my mothers journey that she dropped off after her 19 hour drive from Pittsburg PA. An hasn't been washed in 5 months full of salt an road grime. But that's besides the point.

I believe your doing to many steps but that's me I'd stick within the Wolfgang line, also not sure what kind of vehicle your working on. Your going to want to wait 12 hours before you put a layer of wax on top of your sealant in order to let it cure properly

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Yea i decided on not to clay since i clayed about 3 months ago and is still pretty flawless...

So i want to juse remove the old wax and sealant to reapply a new sealant i got which is the WG Deep gloss paint sealant 3.0

So should i use the polish enhance to remove the old wax and apply the merezna final finish then glaze and sealant
and apply wax after 24 hours?

Flash Gordon
02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
60 and Sunny here :)

I know how you feel here in Lafayette LA it's been the same weather.

I think I passed through Lafayette last week. Is that close to that real long bridge on I-10?

LSUFAN
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
60 and Sunny here :)

I think I passed through Lafayette last week. Is that close to that real long bridge on I-10?
Yep were about 10-15 miles west of the 26mile bridge along I10
Where are you located?

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Can someone tell me if these are the correct steps on removing old wax and what not and re apply a fresh coat of wax.

WG Polish Enhancer, WG Glaze, Mezerna final finish, WG Deep gloss paint sealant (wait 12 hours), WG Fuzion wax

Flash Gordon
02-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Yep were about 10-15 miles west of the 26mile bridge along I10
Where are you located?

My fuel light came on before I got to that bridge, and I wasn't expecting a 26 mile bridge, so it got a little dicey there towards the end

I'm located in Memphis http://www.3sgto.org/images/smilies/bawc/musik15.gif

Waxmax
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Can someone tell me if these are the correct steps on removing old wax and what not and re apply a fresh coat of wax.

WG Polish Enhancer, WG Glaze, Mezerna final finish, WG Deep gloss paint sealant (wait 12 hours), WG Fuzion wax

I've used all the products you mention and done this process....you will be very satisfied with the results.

1. WG Polish Enhancer (will remove old LSP)
2. WG Glaze (this is actually a polish like Menzerna 106FA).
This may take time....to remove or reduce swirls and
scratches as best you can.
3. Menzerna Final Finish Polish is optional...can skip it.
WG Glaze should finish well.
4. Lastly, WG Sealant, wait a min. 12 hrs. and top with
Fuzion.

WG Sealant topped with Fuzion is an excellent combo.

Waxmax
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
As a side note, I usually use a paint cleaner (like WG Polish Enhancer) and an IPA wipe down to help me access the swirls/scratches before I begin polishing/correcting. Some may skip the paint cleaner step and just let the polishing step remove the old LSP.

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey glad to see someone have used all the products i listed, assuming u'd have experience with them.

So today i sprayed WG Spritiz gloss sealant and used a swirl finder light all over my car and i saw some scratch here and there... swirls not so much, just a scatch here and there.

So im wondering should i use this order below.

Clay, WG TSR, WG Polish enhancer, WG Glaze, Menzerna final finish, WG sealant , fuzion wax.

WG TSR can remove scratches right?