PDA

View Full Version : Is this detailing order correct?

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Okay finally... a sunny day here in Houston TX, after like 2 weeks straight of rainy weather... it's time for a detail.

So right now i plan on doing a foam wash, clay bar, WG Polish enhancer, WG Swirl remover 3.0, Mezerna Final Finish, WG Glaze, WG Deep gloss paint sealant, WG Fuzion wax.

Just need to make sure if this is the right order before i proceed lol.
Sorry if this question has been answered before...

ShaunD
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
If that is the order you will use the stated products then it is wrong, or at least not logical IMO. Polish enhancer is meant to enhance the polishing steps and/or prep the surface for LSP. As for "final finish" (I think you mean Final Polish), unless working a sensitive finish, I don't know that you will gain a significant amount of gloss over just using WGFG or a Menz finishing polish on its own. I would say experiment on a couple of test spots to see if it is going to be worth the time and gives you results you are looking for. As for LSP you need to allow 8-12 hours before topping with another LSP unless the manufacturer stated otherwise for their products.

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Umm i got the WG Final Gloss Combo that came with the Mezerena final finish. German Final Gloss Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/german-final-gloss-combo.html)

And i thought the polish enhancer is to remove all the old wax and what not o.O....?

So what steps should it be with all the products above anyone know...?

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe this makes more sense.....

foam wash, clay bar, WG Swirl remover, 3.0, WG Glaze, Mezerna Final Finish, WG Polish enhancer, WG Deep gloss paint sealant, WG Fuzion wax.

glen e
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Why so many steps?...does it really get you such enhanced gloss/durability? I think there are many products that would allow you to cut out a few of these products/steps....

rider9195
02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
You can take out the Menzerna Final Finish and WG Polish Enhancer. The Menzerna is nearly identical to the WG Finishing Glaze and the WG polish enhancer is just not needed after two steps of polishing. Use the polish enhancer when you want to clean up the paint before applying a fresh coat of sealant.

Bunky
02-19-2012, 04:13 PM

foam wash, clay bar, WG Swirl remover, 3.0, WG Glaze, Mezerna Final Finish, WG Polish enhancer, WG Deep gloss paint sealant, WG Fuzion wax.

I would say:

Paint correction and finish:
WG TSR - medium polish
WG Finishing Glaze - finishing polish

Protection:
WG DGPS - sealant
Fuzion - beauty coat

I see the Menzerna and WG Polish enhancer unnecessary. I have no idea about your expectations on correction since TSR is a medium polish.

fenderpicks
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Lol im a newb at detailing...
but i have decided that i do not need to clay since the paint is still good.... but i would like to remove the old wax and the detailer pro sealant i put on last december... and try the WG deep gloss sealant instead....

So in that case i use the polish enhancer > glaze > merzena final finish > WG Sealant > Wax?

Monster Shine
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Claying is something I personally would do regardless of the removal or addition of other steps.

ShaunD
02-19-2012, 06:37 PM
How old is your pant and when did you last clay it?
WGPE is for removing LSP, cleanse the paint, and fill very minor marring. It is not needed if you are polishing the paint, unless you just want to cleanse it of polish oils and fill fine marring before sealing the paint. Using WGFG or MenzFF is completely your preference of which gives you the higher gloss; both have the same cut as Menz produced the WG Twins for WG.
If you are just wanting to remove the old LSP and not do any paint correction then WGPE would be your best bet. However, if any light correction is required then I would just use WGFG and then seal with WGDGPS.

tuscarora dave
02-19-2012, 06:47 PM

I'd say, foam wash, clay bar, WG swirl remover, Menzerna final finish and then the sealant.

Save your WG polish enhancer for when you want to re apply the lsp in a month or so and save the WG glaze for a quick refresher polishing in the spring. They just don't all fit logically into one day's work.