PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about my services/prices before the website goes up?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MaxWax
02-19-2012, 11:28 AM
I just wanted to have a few more eyes take a look at this before it's online. I appreciate the feedback.

Services

MaxWax Wash

-Hand wash using the Two Bucket Method with Grit Guard Inserts & a high quality, gentle automotive shampoo
-Dry using a gentle microfiber towel
-Wash & Dry Wheels & Tires
-Apply a water based Tire Dressing
-Vacuum Interior
-Wipe down interior
-Clean windows inside and out
-Car: $25
-Small SUV/Pickup Truck: $30
Large SUV: $35

Time: 1-2 hours

The Works

-Max Wax Wash +
-Application of a high quality wax
-Cars: $60
-Small SUV: $70
-Large SUV: $80

Time: 2-3 hours

Express Detail

-Max Wax Wash +
-Shampooing and Stain Removal on interior carpets, mats, and seats
-All Leather/Vinyl cleaned, conditioned and protected
-UV protectant applied to all interior hard surfaces
-Cars: $150
-Small SUV: $200
-Large SUV: $250

Time: 3-5 hours

Premiere Detailing

-MaxWax Wash +
-Clay Barring of exterior to remove calcified bugs, dirt, rail dust and other surface bonded contaminants

-Cars: $125
-Small SUV: $150
-Large SUV: $175

Time: 2.5-4 hours

One Step Paint Correction
-Recommended for cars with minor swirls and other paint defects. This will correct most swirls and surface imperfections.

-MaxWax Wash +
-Clay Barring of exterior to remove calcified bugs, dirt, rail dust and other surface bonded contaminants
-All in one product used to correct polish and protect in one step
-Application of a high quality carnauba wax
(+$20 for sealant, +$200 for Opti-Coat)

-Cars: $200
-Small SUV: $250
-Large SUV: $300

Time: 4-6 hours

Two Step Paint Correction
-Recommended for cars with moderate to severe swirls and other paint defects.

-MaxWax Wash +
-Dedicated paint correction step
-Dedicated Polishing Step

-Cars: $400
-Small SUV: $500
-Large SUV: $600

Full Paint Correction (3 step paint correction)
-This package is recommended for the true car enthusiast in search of a flawless show car finish and unsurpassed shine.

-MaxWax Wash +
-Damp sanding to remove orange peel (if requested by client)
-Major Machine Paint Correction
-Light Machine Correction/Polishing
-Jeweling

-Call for a free quote

Time: Dependent on services requested

Interior Detailing
-Vacuum
-Shampoo Carpets and Mats to rejuvenate and remove stains
-Clean and Protect all leather/vinyl surfaces
-Apply UV Protectant to all hard interior surfaces
-Clean Door Jambs

Car/Small SUV (2 rows): $50
Minivan/ Large SUV (3 rows): $75

Headlight Restoration
-$30/pair
(+$35 for permanent sealant, 5 year money back guarantee)

Time: .5-1 hour

Engine Detailing
-Engine vitals protected
-Engine thoroughly cleaned
-Degreased if necessary
-Engine bay dressed
-$50

If you didn’t find what you were looking for in the services above, feel free to take a look at our “A La Carte” menu below or give us a call at (954)-790-7087

A La Carte
Including but not limited to:
• Exterior Wash – 2 Bucket Method, Includes Door Jambs
• Basic Interior Detail
• Clay Bar – Removes road contaminants, overspray, etc
• Wax/Sealant
• Paint Correction – Swirl removal, minor scratch removal
• Windows/Mirrors (Inside & Out)
• Carpets and Seats Shampooed
• Interior Detail
• Engine Bay Degreasing/Dressing
• Headlight Restoration
• Vinyl,/Leather Cleaning and Protectant
Bug/Tar Removal
Orange Peel Correction

MaxWax
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
:bump2:

Vegas Transplant
02-19-2012, 02:59 PM
That's a lot of info for a web page or fliers.

Defininitely well thought out and prepared.

Keep up the good work.

MaxWax
02-19-2012, 03:03 PM
That's a lot of info for a web page or fliers.

Defininitely well thought out and prepared.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! My plan is to have a services page with each of the different services inside of a little box to make all the information look a little less overwhelming

Robert8194
02-19-2012, 03:09 PM
I agree it is well thought out and the prices seem very reasonable. I might give some thought to leaving off times so people won't calculate your hourly rate and say "hey, I don't make that much an hour". Of course if you are mobile, they will know how long you spent but no need to point it out.

habeba86
02-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I agree, I wouldnt put how long it might take. And as said before, very well thought out and prepared...but most people wont read all that and you do have alot of packages. Maybe try to compact the list a bit. Prices look pretty good. I wouldnt put a 5 year guarantee on the headlights tho.

silverfox
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Less is more.

Remember most people don't know a swirl from a squirrel.

Never put in how long it will take.

pcw25
02-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Love it! I just wouldn't put the name of the permanent coating (Opti-Coat) as now the customer will be informed of what product you're using, look online, buy it, and do it themselves. (This has happened to me before)

PAR Detailing
02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't know if I would charge extra for applying a sealant instead of a wax. They both take the same amount of time so it's not like you are having to put in any extra work. Just a thought.

As others have mentioned posting your approximate time will allow the customer to calculate your /hr rate. That is ok as long as you don't mind and can explain/justify it to the difficult customer. I have opted to price strictly by the hr. I tell the customer I charge xx/ hr and that job will take x-x hours. They will either say ok or spit the bit.

Memorize whatever pricing structure you decide on and practice explaining it. Be able to explain each process and break it down to the non detail oriented person. You need to be able to emote why step xyz are important and it's in their best interest to have you perform the service.

I hope that helps, I know I got a little off track.

Cosmin
02-19-2012, 04:32 PM
i read the first " MaxWax Wash" and i stop reading , cheap !
i wanna see you doing an 25$ wash on a trash soiled car in and out...in 1-2 hours.
but let`s be realistic first : 25$ / 2 hours job is 12$/hour , u better get a job than run a business like that !take out from 12$ your products , your insurance and if mobile your gas and car usage , and u work on peanuts.

yes .. if you have workers than chear price may bring u volume , but 1 men show will kill you on that price.just a badge if u mess up will be an easy $50 , think about it.that`s what i think...Cosmin

tuscarora dave
02-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Are you mobile or fixed location? If you are mobile I feel that you need to add a disclaimer about a convenience charge to to cover your fuel and other mobile expenses. As you have it listed, your basic wash prices are the same or less than the tunnel washes in my area where the workers hand towel the cars that go through. Of course your area pricing may be different. If you are trying to compete with the fixed location tunnel washes where pricing is concerned and you're mobile, without this convenience charge in my opinion and experience you are going to fail unless you can up charge a lot of other services.

I would also add a disclaimer about pet hair and the fact that some stains will require extra products and services and these services will be at an additional price.

Your average customer will not have any idea what the 2 bucket method is or any other detailer lingo for that matter, nor will they care when they quickly scan over your services menu. I'd suggest trying to make it less busy as most people do just scan the page and don't actually take the time to read through it all. Something needs to jump off the page at them to get them to slow down and read it and they'll likely only slow down in that particular area and begin scanning again. Find out what you want to do most of and bold that service or use a different color or font so it stands out to them.

These are changes that I have yet to make to my own site, but I do intend to make them.

Not busting your chops, just offering feedback. :props:

MaxWax
02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

i read the first " MaxWax Wash" and i stop reading , cheap !
i wanna see you doing an 25$ wash on a trash soiled car in and out...in 1-2 hours.
but let`s be realistic first : 25$ / 2 hours job is 12$/hour , u better get a job than run a business like that !take out from 12$ your products , your insurance and if mobile your gas and car usage , and u work on peanuts.

yes .. if you have workers than chear price may bring u volume , but 1 men show will kill you on that price.just a badge if u mess up will be an easy $50 , think about it.that`s what i think...Cosmin

Unfortunately where I'm located $25 is on the high side for a wash inside and out. There's an unbelievable amount of illegitimate guys driving around in their pickup trucks doing washes for $15, so it kind of drives the price down. I actually lose some potential clients because they think $25 is too expensive because of all the cheap guys. I've considered just removing the wash from my website since I'm trying to market myself as a detailing service, not just a mobile car wash.

Are you mobile or fixed location? If you are mobile I feel that you need to add a disclaimer about a convenience charge to to cover your fuel and other mobile expenses. As you have it listed, your basic wash prices are the same or less than the tunnel washes in my area where the workers hand towel the cars that go through. Of course your area pricing may be different. If you are trying to compete with the fixed location tunnel washes where pricing is concerned and you're mobile, without this convenience charge in my opinion and experience you are going to fail unless you can up charge a lot of other services.

I would also add a disclaimer about pet hair and the fact that some stains will require extra products and services and these services will be at an additional price.

Your average customer will not have any idea what the 2 bucket method is or any other detailer lingo for that matter, nor will they care when they quickly scan over your services menu. I'd suggest trying to make it less busy as most people do just scan the page and don't actually take the time to read through it all. Something needs to jump off the page at them to get them to slow down and read it and they'll likely only slow down in that particular area and begin scanning again. Find out what you want to do most of and bold that service or use a different color or font so it stands out to them.

These are changes that I have yet to make to my own site, but I do intend to make them.

Not busting your chops, just offering feedback. :props:

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I had planned to add the distance/extremely soiled car disclaimer on the site. Also, I forgot to add that for all of my services, things like the two bucket methods will be a hyperlink that will direct the viewer to the FAQ. Like I said above, $25 is pretty much the highest I think I could go without losing my regulars.

WindyCity
02-19-2012, 04:45 PM
If you are mobile your basic wash is a loser....drive to location, meet customer, set up, perform your service, have customer look over the vehicle and pay you, then load up all of your stuff and drive back home is not worth it for $35 bucks (3 hours total time?) If you can do 3 vehicles in a single trip thats ok then, but the minimum i would leave my house for is $75 otherwise i am taking money out of my pocket for them to have a clean car.

Dont forget gas is supposed to go up to $5 a gallon supposedly, dont set your self up to be working for minimum wage as a business owner

MaxWax
02-19-2012, 04:48 PM
If you are mobile your basic wash is a loser....drive to location, meet customer, set up, perform your service, have customer look over the vehicle and pay you, then load up all of your stuff and drive back home is not worth it for $35 bucks (3 hours total time?) If you can do 3 vehicles in a single trip thats ok then, but the minimum i would leave my house for is $75 otherwise i am taking money out of my pocket for them to have a clean car.

So I should keep the service but add a $75 minimum?

Cosmin
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately where I'm located $25 is on the high side for a wash inside and out. There's an unbelievable amount of illegitimate guys driving around in their pickup trucks doing washes for $15, so it kind of drives the price down.

than decide what do you want from this adventure: volume , cheap prices , hi-end, mid volume , mid-work, correction only , wash wax only etc....
and don`t try to be all for all , it will get you nowhere.
decide what service works and what service you perform better and go for it. price your value , it takes time , but quality will stay and be there.
is the only way to set-up a standard and not be in the same bucket with the illegitimate guys.

that`s my opinion.