PDA

View Full Version : spotting with different shampoo's

silvermesa
02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Hello!

I just started to learn how to detail a couple of months ago and have tried two different shampoo's so far. I first tried DoDo Juice Born To Be Mild and just yesterday tried duragloss 901. Both were used with cold water from a hydrant connected to the house. I noticed duragloss 901 spotted quite a bit more as compared to BTBM. My vehicle is white and I did not notice it right off until I went outside near sun down and could see spots all over. I did use the 2 bucket wash method then rinsed with the hose. I washed the entire vehicle then blew the water off with the master blaster. Temperature was 50 degrees and sunny here in Missouri.

Observations on soap: Duragloss 901-Lots of suds. It seemed a bit stronger as a soap than BTBM.Appears to spot more?
DoDo Juice BTBM- Seemed gentle. Possible lubricity was greater than duragloss. Did not notice the spotting as much.

Questions:

1) Have others had this situation happen with duragloss 901?

2) What is the solution to eliminate these spots? Throw DG 901 out? Onr added to wash bucket? Try another shampoo?

Thank You!:)

Ted S.
02-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Dodo Juice BTBM is my favorite maintenance-wash, and works well whe cleaning a protected vehicle, in my opinion.

I've not used 901, so I cannot comment on mhy it is causing you to have some spotting. Both seem to be forum favorites as far as washes go.:xyxthumbs:

ONR only softens the wather in the bucket, not the stuff coming out of the hose...

shoeless89
02-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Your probably just noticing water spot that dried before you had a chance to dry the area. After the wash use a QD or spray wax/sealant to remove them and add that just waxed look.

The only other possibility I can think of is the vehicle wasn't rinsed well enough and some leftover shampoo dried on the car but I bet its just water spots.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

silvermesa
03-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I tried your suggestion of not waiting till the end of the wash to dry and saw a big improvement today. I washed the truck in sections then dried those sections with the master blaster. I broke it up as follows: Roof and glass, hood, each side, tailgate.

Thank you for the advice and I must say the trouble was not with duragloss 901 but in my drying technique.

Todays temperature was 68 degrees and sunny with slight wind.

Thank you all for your advice!:)

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b446/silvermesa4/IMG_2396.jpg

Ted S.
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Looks great indeed.:dblthumb2: