PDA

View Full Version : SQUARE...credit card app

Pages : [1] 2

ALLN1WASH
02-18-2012, 10:48 AM
What's up AGO? I just recently found a new way of accepting credit cards for my detailing services. A buddy of mine actually gave me a square card reader last week and I immediately started using it. So far, I've processed 13 credit charges with out any flaws at all... There's no monthly contract and they only charge 2.75% of every charge. This dang sure beats the prices I was paying with chase credit card account.

Anyhow, if any of you all are looking for a way to start accepting credit cards, I strongly suggest y'all check out the SQUARE. just down load the app, request a reader, and start accepting credit cards.... That dang simple....:xyxthumbs:

ProMoDe
02-18-2012, 10:53 AM
+1. I use it every day. 2.75% sure beats a bounced check!

MaxWax
02-18-2012, 10:57 AM
+1 so many people have stopped carrying cash in favor of credit/debit cards. I've gotten a ton of clients simply because I have a square card reader and people haven't had cash.

ALLN1WASH
02-18-2012, 11:03 AM
You know what else.... I've actually found that with using the credit cards, I've actually saved a few more bucks this week. Idk about y'all but whenever I have that cash in my pockets, I ALWAYS FIND A WAY to spend "just" a little more than I'm supposed to...

oldmodman
02-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Is this the "swipe reader" that plugs into the top of an I-phone?

RhetoricMixes
02-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Is this the "swipe reader" that plugs into the top of an I-phone?

Yessir, and I use it on all my jobs if my customer doesnt have cash.

kjimpressions
02-18-2012, 03:25 PM
where does this plug in on the iphone? you said the top. is it only for the new 4s?

RhetoricMixes
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
where does this plug in on the iphone? you said the top. is it only for the new 4s?

Its for all model iphones. It plugs into the top where the headphone jack is.

kjimpressions
02-18-2012, 03:35 PM
That's awesome. im gonna have to get that. i always have costumers asking to use credit cards and i hate paying the fee for the machine. especially amex.

ProMoDe
02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
I use the free card reader on my droid bionic and iphone. It's also good for buddies that owe you money but never have cash on them.

tuscarora dave
02-18-2012, 04:52 PM
What type of connector does the card reader use? I have an LG Android phone and other than the mini USB and head phone jack I don't see any other connection ports. Will this work with any smart phone?

ProMoDe
02-18-2012, 05:10 PM
What type of connector does the card reader use? I have an LG Android phone and other than the mini USB and head phone jack I don't see any other connection ports. Will this work with any smart phone?

Dave, it works with the headphone jack. Go to squareup.com and order your reader and create an account.

tuscarora dave
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Dave, it works with the headphone jack. Go to squareup.com and order your reader and create an account.
Thanks, I'll do that.:xyxthumbs:

SeaJay's
02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I also use this! I honestly don't get a lot of credit card transactions but when I need it it's there. And not having a monthly fee is great. Especially since I rarely use it.

ProMoDe
02-20-2012, 08:41 AM
I also use this! I honestly don't get a lot of credit card transactions but when I need it it's there. And not having a monthly fee is great. Especially since I rarely use it.

So true... nothing worse than paying a monthly fee for something you don't use. Just like my gymn membership!