PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PowerFinish problem

ziggo99
02-17-2012, 08:10 PM
I was working with Menzerna Power Finish today, with a 6.5" white pad on my Griot's on speed five, on an Accord in Polished Metal Metallic. Outside temp was around 50 degrees, working on a panel in the shade. I applied PF in an X pattern on the pad, then smeared it around a little bit on the paint. I started working it for a bit, and I got a little dust after 4-5 section passes. So I worked it a little bit more, and tried to remove it.

This is when the problems started. It was being a stubborn mule to remove. It just wanted to smear and streak. I wiped it down best I could, didn't add anymore polish to the pad and tried it again. Still wanted to smear and streak.

This was frustrating me, so I just grabbed something else and finished the job. I can't figure out what was going wrong. I really want to love this product, but if it's going to behave like this, I don't use it. What was I doing wrong? What should I do next time?

rider9195
02-17-2012, 08:43 PM
It sounds like you over worked the Power Finish. Try less passes or lubricating your pad with a quick detailer for extended working time.

Danube
02-17-2012, 08:56 PM
It looks to me you are using too much product.

DARK HORSE
02-17-2012, 09:18 PM

:iagree: This would definitely be my guess as well. If it was smearing and streaking when you were wiping it off, you either used too much product, didn't work it long enough, or both. A little PF goes along ways!

Lasthope05
02-17-2012, 09:23 PM

+1

With menzerna polishes less is more and you need to really break the polish down. 4-5 passes is not nearly anywhere close to enough passes with an x pattern amount of polish. 5-6 dots to prime and 2, maybe 3 dots per section depending on how big you're working until it becomes translucent.