PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about using DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss...

Marc Hufnagel
02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
I got some of the DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss a couple of months back and decided to mix up 2 gallons of it today to try.

Finally got my courage up I guess you could say.

Measured out 2 gallons of water into my Homer bucket and put in 1 ounce of the DP RWAG in it (as per the instructions) and mixed it around. I do detect a slight scent like bubblegum or the like, but the water still looks and feels just like water.

I guess I expected it to be a little slick on the fingers or something since most members here talk about slickness and things like that. I'm pretty sure I mixed it right, measured out and all, but I left it sitting for now since I'm just not comfortable with it.

Can some members in the know comment and help give me an idea of whether I did this OK and how theirs appears when mixed?

Thank you.

S2K
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Were you preparing to do a rinseless wash?
I use the DP all the time for rinseless washes and love it. I usually use about 2oz per 2 gal water. But you are fine, it doesn't really have a slick feel, it's not a soap, it feels about the same as water. My mix has a light pink color and a faint bubblegum scent. The slickness you are probably hearing about is when it hits well waxed paint, it just slides off along with the dust, I don't use it if my car is dirty, just dusty.

Marc Hufnagel
02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Were you preparing to do a rinseless wash?
I use the DP all the time for rinseless washes and love it. I usually use about 2oz per 2 gal water. But you are fine, it doesn't really have a slick feel, it's not a soap, it feels about the same as water. My mix has a light pink color and a faint bubblegum scent. The slickness you are probably hearing about is when it hits well waxed paint, it just slides off along with the dust, I don't use it if my car is dirty, just dusty.

Yes I was going to try it for the first time. I'll give a little more in the mix and try it tomorrow, thanks.

alko
02-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Prior to ever doing an rinsless wash, I read threads stating ONR and other Rinseless washes were "slick" to the touch...I didn't find this to be true.

Before I put my car in the body shop, I used DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss to wash the car. I used 4 gallons of water to 2 ounces of product. It gives the water a "soft" feel not really a slick feeling like you would expect. The key is to use a good wash media and VERY VERY VERY light pressure.

Here are a couple of threads that I can think of off top. The ONR thread I posted can be applied to any rinseless wash:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23602-how-dirty-too-dirty-safely-use-rinseless-wash.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/44083-so-how-do-you-onr.html

Bunky
02-17-2012, 08:01 PM
ONR and DP Rinselessn ever felt slippery between the fingers for me - not like a traditional soap like some have reported. It seems to work fine in use.