PDA

View Full Version : OPT. Polish Question

Excessive Detail
03-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I just want clear this up one last time. I just ordered some Opt. OC, Opt OP, and Poliseal. After reviewing a few post, one that I had done myself, about how people are mix OPT polishes with other polishes, some say do half OC and megs 83, or similar polishes, or mix oc with op. My question is whats the best combo to go with, I'm kinda confused. Also, I can understand OC and another polish, but does anyone mix OP with anything and will OP finish Lsp ready and how much will it get out. I was also thinking of using Poliseal as a final polish, what do you think. Thanks for all the help.

ScottB
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
not a polish mixxer here ... to many great products from the start.

Grimm
03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Never tried myself, but I've seen others mention that instead of buying OC, they just mix OHC with OP to lessen the cut. OP will polish to a lsp finish.

Whitethunder46
03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
OHC - OC - OP is simlar to XMT3 - XMT2 - XMT1. However, the Optimum line up has a little more bite than the XMT line, but in order, that's how it goes.

I'm planning on buying some OP to use after OC. OP will pretty much replace my XMT1 and XMT2.

nick19
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Sometimes its for additional working time. I use Meg's 83 or DP's SSR with OC when working in the direct sunlight. You can also add a little of DP's SSR Meg's #1 to OP for a polish with a bit more bite than OP alone, but not as strong as OC, BUT can be polished to LSP ready.

That's my main two reasons for mixing.

-Nick :cheers:

Whitethunder46
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Sometimes its for additional working time. I use Meg's 83 or DP's SSR with OC when working in the direct sunlight. You can also add a little of DP's SSR Meg's #1 to OP for a polish with a bit more bite than OP alone, but not as strong as OC, BUT can be polished to LSP ready.

That's my main two reasons for mixing.

-Nick :cheers:

why not just mix OC and OP? I have a difficult time getting OC LSP ready by itself, but I know technically your supposed to follow OC with OP anyways.

I'm going to order some OP with my next order along with the 2part filtration system. That should be enough polishes for awhile. I'm looking forward to trying OP.

nick19
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
why not just mix OC and OP? I have a difficult time getting OC LSP ready by itself, but I know technically your supposed to follow OC with OP anyways.

I'm going to order some OP with my next order along with the 2part filtration system. That should be enough polishes for awhile. I'm looking forward to trying OP.

I have soooo many polishes, I don't need to order OP. I have many polishes similar to OP, so there's no need for it in my lineup.

I use Meg's or DP's to help put the paint in a LSP ready state. Or I use three parts Megs, one part OC so I have a polish LSP ready, with more bite than it started with.

Excessive Detail
03-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Could I use opt poliseal as a finishing polish or should I just use that for a one step aio.

Whitethunder46
03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Could I use opt poliseal as a finishing polish or should I just use that for a one step aio.

I've thought about this as well. I bet you can, but the finish better be close to flawless when using PS. I don't believe it has very much cut, especially with a finishing pad.