PDA

View Full Version : MyTee Lite II - 8070 Model?

art72
02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi All,

Newbie here, wondering "What is the difference between the aqua-greenish model and the black and blue 8070?

I noticed when entering MyTee Lite II into the AG Store the results show the model I just 'secured' today. But when I click the link to visit the item, the image shows the newer model.

Truth be told, I happened to stop at a pawn shop today and found the "aqua-greenish" unit for under $400. The machine looks to be in good shape, as do the hoses, the S/S 3" wand, and the overall body of the machine.

While I didn't intend to purchase an extractor until later (30-60 days), I couldn't pass up the opportunity to put $30 down, and put it on a 6 month Lay-a-way.

My greater concern is I noticed 2 screws missing from the metal plate that holds the smaller hose at the base of the machine. Normally, I 'test' everything before purchase, but didn't have time to do so today. Cash America Pawn shop (*where I am buying it) offers a 30 day return policies on computer, tools, and some of the 'used' items... so at least if the pump or heating element is fried, I can return it for a full refund.

Which leads to my real question:

1.) Is $375 a good deal on a used machine?
(Assuming it's in working order)

2.) Can parts be obtained for the 'older' model style?

if so,

3.) Are we talking big bucks for a pump or a heater? -or could I fix it cheaper than buying a new one?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I got all excited when I walked in an saw it sitting in the corner of the tool section, and got the sales person to take $350 + tax ($372.74 total)... as they were asking $499 + tax!

I am pretty confident it will work, and before I pay it of, or put anymore money into it wanted to get some feedback on parts, and any differences in the 'newer' 8070 model.

Thanks

PS _ Also, I will be going back there Saturday to 'test' it, but would appreciate any info on what to look or listen for, as I have never owned or used a 'real' extractor.

Vegas Transplant
02-16-2012, 10:23 PM
1. yes

2. @ most janitorial supply houses and online.

3. My Grand prix heater was under warranty when it failed- but I do remember it not being too expensive on the invoice listing. Don't know about the pump. Both are DIY.

If I'm not mistaken- those two missing screws are machine thread. Was the receiver for the missing screws brass in color- If so can get those anywhere.

Good luck and good night. Happy detailing.

art72
02-17-2012, 09:40 AM
1. yes

2. @ most janitorial supply houses and online.

3. My Grand prix heater was under warranty when it failed- but I do remember it not being too expensive on the invoice listing. Don't know about the pump. Both are DIY.

If I'm not mistaken- those two missing screws are machine thread. Was the receiver for the missing screws brass in color- If so can get those anywhere.

Good luck and good night. Happy detailing.

Thanks Vegas I appreciate your response. Especially, pointing out the replacement parts can be found at most janitorial supply houses. :xyxthumbs:

The receiver is a black metal plate located at the bottom/front of the unit with 4 screws supporting it. Not sure yet if the 'previous owner' was having issues with the pump or the heater, it just appeared someone had either 'tinkered' with it -or- it got knocked around enough for the plate screws to get knocked out. *I'd prefer the latter, but dunno yet.

From what I've read, the MyTee Lite II is the right machine to have for mobile detailing. I've never owned/operated one, so buying this 'on a whim' was a little back-asswards perhaps, but after I watch a few videos, I plan to go back with some Folex, a brush, a dirty floor mat and give it a test run, and see if she's a keeper.

Vegas Transplant
02-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks Vegas I appreciate your response. Especially, pointing out the replacement parts can be found at most janitorial supply houses. :xyxthumbs:

The receiver is a black metal plate located at the bottom/front of the unit with 4 screws supporting it.[ Not sure yet if the 'previous owner' was having issues with the pump or the heater, it just appeared someone had either 'tinkered' with it -or- it got knocked around enough for the plate screws to get knocked out. *I'd prefer the latter, but dunno yet.

From what I've read, the MyTee Lite II is the right machine to have for mobile detailing. I've never owned/operated one, so buying this 'on a whim' was a little back-asswards perhaps, but after I watch a few videos, I plan to go back with some Folex, a brush, a dirty floor mat and give it a test run, and see if she's a keeper.

A great piece of equipment. So good, in fact, the Grand Prix is being discontinued.
Don't forget to always add defoamer.

pointillistic_practitioner
05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
:bump:
So I was just in contact with someone who is selling me their mytee lite ii for $300. The outside of the hose looks dirty but I don't see any damage, he said it works well, and based on the way he presented himself and the product, he seems reputable. I will be driving 2.5 hrs to buy this unit (still cheaper than shipping), and will test out the machine. Is there anything I should look for/be cautious about when testing? Anything else to keep in mind? I was so close to buying a mytee tempo spotter on AGO but then I found this...too bad, I just can't afford a mytee lite new :'( I may buy this crevice tool though, if it fits on the aqua mytee (Mytee Stainless Steel Crevice Tool for Mytee Hot Water Carpet Extractors (http://www.autogeek.net/mytee-crevice-tool.html)). Does anyone know if it'll fit? Also, does AGO sell defoamer? What is the best extractor solution to use, or would you recommend just using water and spraying the cleaner onto the carpet? what IS the main diff b/w the aqua mytee lite ii and the blue/black one anyway? different water lift/psi specs? I'd appreciate if anyone could respond b/c I plan on driving out to get the unit this weekend.