PDA

View Full Version : Process?

shadybreal
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
As mentioned in my strong soap post, I've got 9 Chevy HHR's to do on Wednesday. All 9 are wrapped in vinyl advertisment. I'm try to find the quickest way to clean these vehicles. The vinyl really helps to hide dirt and it doesn't shine so waxing isn't not needed or allowed. Here is what my plan of attack is for right now:

Process:
Rinse entire vehicle w/ high pressure
Apply Hyper Wash via pressure washer foam gun and let dwell 1 or 2 minutes
Use shmitt on lower panels and tires
Rinse entire vehicle again w/ high pressure
Mist entire vehicle w/ DP 4 and 1 as QD
Dry vehicle w/ WW (one towel per car)
Dress tires

How does that sound? Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Bradley

sparkie
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Bud, don't know what to tell you. I've never done any vehicles like that, sorry. Maybe Texas TB can help you out.

HighEndDetail
03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Bradley, just be carefull with the pressure washer. If the spray is strong enough, and hits a part of the vinyl wrapping that is loose. It could peel it off

shadybreal
03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Bradley, just be carefull with the pressure washer. If the spray is strong enough, and hits a part of the vinyl wrapping that is loose. It could peel it off

Thanks for the warning. I did notice some parts were looking a little loose. I'm doing all 9 of them tomorrow along w/ the two dentist's denali's. The HHR's were Christmas gifts to all the employees. They're on a 4 year lease. All they have to do is put gas in them. I clean them and their oil change is done locally as well. Wish me luck. I'll try to take some pictures to post tommorrow night.