PDA

View Full Version : How much product to finish an SUV

AntC
02-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey Group,

I got the ulitimate Newbie question , I'm sure it been asked before but my search turned up no results.

So as I sit here putting together my order for Auto Geek I'm wondering about the amount of product I should be buying,
I've read the forum and watched the videos so I know that you should use between a nickel and dime size amount depending on what your doing, but being new I figure I will use more than an experienced detailer would so I take that into account, plus I have an SUV so thats bigger ,long story short if I'm doing a correction and finishing with a sealant for a Tahoe how much product can I expect to use, I can't believe that an 8oz bottle of WGDGPS 3.0 will be enough to finish my truck.

I could just go bigger but I don't want to over buy either, in case it's not the product that best for me.

I need some advice
Thanks

embolism
02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
if you use more than 2oz of WGDGPS for that SUV then you're using too much

a 2oz sample size can do my car 4 times

AntC
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM
is that with everything, what about a swirl remover and finishing glaze

tuscarora dave
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
You should be OK getting a pint bottle of each for the compound/polish and finishing glaze. With the sealant, especially if you intend to machine apply it 1 ounce to 1 1/2 ounces will be plenty for the SUV in your avitar. With wax and sealants thin is in.

tuscarora dave
02-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Also, that Tahoe will likely have some pretty hard paint so you may be at it for a while with just a swirl remover. You may want to consider also getting something in the way of a high quality compound like Meguiars D-300.

rider9195
02-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I have had my 16 oz. of Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for 4 years. still have plenty left. So the 16 oz should last you very long if you are applying it thin.

I would just get 16 or 32 oz bottles of polishes. Nothing more needed than that unless you are doing very high quantity work.

AntC
02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Also, that Tahoe will likely have some pretty hard paint so you may be at it for a while with just a swirl remover. You may want to consider also getting something in the way of a high quality compound like Meguiars D-300.

Yeah I'm going with the XMT #4 for that

AntC
02-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I have had my 16 oz. of Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for 4 years. still have plenty left. So the 16 oz should last you very long if you are applying it thin.

I would just get 16 or 32 oz bottles of polishes. Nothing more needed than that unless you are doing very high quantity work.

I think the 16 should be fine I only plan to do our personal vehicles

RTexasF
02-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I can't believe that an 8oz bottle of WGDGPS 3.0 will be enough to finish my truck.

What? That should do it four to five times! You will need to check your usage of each product once your order arrives and you start working.

AntC
02-16-2012, 04:45 PM
What? That should do it four to five times! You will need to check your usage of each product once your order arrives and you start working.

that's my point I've never used it with a machine , so I'm concerned about usage.

Vegas Transplant
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Another concern would be the # of pads needed to do your correction.

ShinyRex
02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
I agree I started out with 2 orange and 2 white pads and the amount of cleaning invloved to do a whoile car let alone an SUV led me to pick up several more just so I didn't have to stop every few sections and wash all of my pads. I now see why they made the bucket pad washers.