PDA

View Full Version : Why do you use ONR?

TjMonsen5
03-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Im wondering why so many of you use ONR. I would think it wouldnt clean the car as well plus you are making alot of your nice MF towels dirty. Do most customers not allow you to use their water spicket? I know you dont make a big mess of the driveway but i mean ca mon, its a car wash, its supposed to get wet.

Whitethunder46
03-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Most professionals around here have their own water supply and tanks. No need to use the customers.

Also, most customers love the fact that there isn't water all over the place.

A lot of us use the Shmitt and DP's 4n1 or ONR. Works great and doesn't get the drying towels dirty very much at all. The washing mitts gets rather dirty but it's an easy rinse out most of the time.

I like it because it's quick, easy, and time saving. From having to hook up the pressure washer, hoses, rinse it, wash it, re-rinse it, etc. etc. for a normal wash, the rinsless wash is great.

EDIT: the only towel I use during the rinseless wash is my Guzzler, and like I said above, it doesn't get very dirty.

EDIT2: there is a point for where I don't use 4n1. If I feel the car is too dirty, then I will use a conventional wash with the pressure washer.

Bigfoot
03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Because it's simple, involves a lot less mess with a hose, saves time and a lot of water. Also in some states there are water restrictions, which means if you get caught using your hose to wash your car, you'll get fined. About the MF's, well, you can use the nice ones to wipe your car clean, and an old beater for tires and such.

Joey

greg'sgoat
03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I use the DP 4-in-1 and it is good for washing it in the garage when it is dark, stormy out, etc. I will only use it though, it the car isn't that dirty. If it is too dirty, then I wait and break out the hose and foam gun.

Waxmax
03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
We have water resrtrictions in my area (= no washing cars on driveways at all)....so ONRW is invaluable to me. Plus, it is quicker and easier than a hose/car wash type of wash. As necessary, I still use the local dollar spray wash for low areas and fender wells.

V-DUB
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I would like to ask a ? what are onrw, shmitt and dp's 4n1. they caught my eye about not using a hose

ltoman
03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
We don't all use it. I am too chicken.

Whitethunder46
03-06-2007, 06:24 PM
I would like to ask a ? what are onrw, shmitt and dp's 4n1. they caught my eye about not using a hose

PM sent

AUdakota
03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
We don't all use it. I am too chicken.

you want a sample of the 4-n-1 ill send you some and you will be converted, I was skeptical at first but its great.

PhaRO
03-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I use ONR in my mobile business. After testing it for almost a year I decided to use it for just about every vehicle that I clean. I think the cars look better than when I did a normal wash. I like not filling my tank up everyday. I like that it doesn't leave the parking lots very wet. I was pretty fast before so there is no improvement on speed. I think it's easier though and the results are consistently better for me with ONR over conventional washing. It's more expensive per wash than soap but since I use it on the wheels, wells, tires I use less APC plus there is a savings on the water. It still probably costs me more but it's worth it to me. My towels for drying don't get very dirty at all. The towels I use on the wells and such though get filthy. Cheap towels from Sams Club so no concern there. My Cobra drying towels stay nice.

Kelso
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
i think a big market for these products is people in areas where winters are pretty harsh, kind hard to wash like normal in that weather, no rinse can be used in a garage though..i havent used it but i can see where others would want it

Jimmie
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Recently I polished my Expedition in the evenings. If I was going out to polish a panel or two they would get a DP 4 in 1 wash first. Worked perfect. I also use it to do dirty door jambs during a detail.

HighEndDetail
03-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Because it's simple, involves a lot less mess with a hose, saves time and a lot of water. Also in some states there are water restrictions, which means if you get caught using your hose to wash your car, you'll get fined. About the MF's, well, you can use the nice ones to wipe your car clean, and an old beater for tires and such.

Joey

http://www.peachstateposse.com/forum/images/smiles/WhatHeSaid.gif And also when it is too cold for water wash outside

ltoman
03-07-2007, 12:09 AM
you want a sample of the 4-n-1 ill send you some and you will be converted, I was skeptical at first but its great.

yah? you really think i would like it?
Awfully sweet of you!!
PM me if you're still up for it.
Lauren