PDA

View Full Version : Question on sealant bonding

RPPM
02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Need some info here. I know many combinations work well out there, Klasse AIO and SG, Duragloss 501 with 105, Werkstat Prime and Acrylic Jet.

As you can probably guess, I like AIO's. I have compounded and polished out my cars, and I believe strongly in cleaning with mild cleaners and polishes that most AIO's have. The added layer of protection is a plus for me. So what about something like Wolfgang 3.0 over XMT 360, or Menzerna Power Lock over Optimum Poly-Seal? Would the pure sealant bond to the AIO sealant. Would it hurt durability?

I like to try different things on my cars. Really, I am just looking for something to give me an excuse to buy...ugh, just what I need, more products.

embolism
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
it can probably be done but not if maximum durability is your goal

i'm currently testing poliseal vs poliseal mixed with collinite 845. Coming up on one week soon...

mg6045
02-15-2012, 08:13 PM
sure, it will work. Ive never had a real issue with doing so. I personally would rather use spray on products after an AIO. something like Blackfire deep gloss spray/wet diamond spray.

usually synthetics have no real issue bonding to each other if there similar. and from what I heard, most are similar. Its like applying a second layer or Menz powerlock over another. they say it adds more protection.

I'm sure some people will chime in saying this is blashphemy, but I doubt the sealant will slide off the car and onto the street when you drive away ! :)

tw33k2514
02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
It will work fine. You will not get the same durability as if you applied lets say power lock by itself to clean paint. But the durability is still going to be great.

Shawn T.
02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Here is my Civic with XMT 360 followed b WGDGPS 3.0

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/40210-first-use-pinnacle-wolfgang.html

CEE DOG
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Of course everything is different and some products layered will equal more protection while others the second layer will not bond as well to some other products.

The only way to know on a particular set of products is to test it.

bigez
02-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I wonder if Power Lock or Acrylic Jet would be good over Opti-Coat...hmm