PDA

View Full Version : What wax/sealant doesn't have oily streaks

Bernard
03-05-2007, 03:32 AM
:confused: Did a my uncle's Black Mercedes yersterday. Used M80 for swirls removing & M21. Was kinda disapointed while wiping off the M21....streaking almost every where. Used QD to wipe of some but not all. But I guess it was kinda hot day yesterday so should have use other wax/sealant instead. This is the second time M21 have done this to me.

Do u guys know of any wax/sealant to recommend that doesn't streak on a black car, even if its a hot day...? I don't want to waste the whole day again detailing and end up with dissapointment. Ugh... :o Thank you kindly.

supercharged
03-05-2007, 05:03 AM
:confused: Did a my uncle's Black Mercedes yersterday. Used M80 for swirls removing & M21. Was kinda disapointed while wiping off the M21....streaking almost every where. Used QD to wipe of some but not all. But I guess it was kinda hot day yesterday so should have use other wax/sealant instead. This is the second time M21 have done this to me.

Do u guys know of any wax/sealant to recommend that doesn't streak on a black car, even if its a hot day...? I don't want to waste the whole day again detailing and end up with dissapointment. Ugh... :o Thank you kindly.
I would lean toward Four Star UPP, DP surface Shield, or Wolfgang DGPS. Super-easy application. Be sure to get some Cobra MF towels as well.

Bernard
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm also thinking of getting the Wolfgang DGPS. It's on top of my list. :)

I read that they said it might be I'm using too much product & I didn't shake the M21 enough. The M21 is kinda tempremental to use a bit. Strange I don't have streaking problem with my Nxt/GC/M20 waxes..? And I just applied it the same every way I use it...? Even my TWPUG & Autoglym doesn't streak. :)

2KLS1
03-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Maybe you need to wait longer before wiping it off. I know that for the sealant I use I have to wait about half and hour before I wipe it off otherwise it might streak. Just a thought.

ScottB
03-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Four Star UPP ... trust me !!!!

OCDetails
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
I've never had issues with UPP or Wolfgang. Detailer's Pride always got a little streaky for me. I'm not sure what my feelings are about that product yet. I'm still in the testing phases of it.

As far as paste and liquid waxes go, streaks just go with the territory. The thing that makes waxes look so good are the oils contained in them. If you don't want streaks then you need to go with a synthetic product that doesn't have the oil content. That leaves you with the sealants. Off the shelf I would suggest Meguiar's NXT, but if you are ordering online then my first recomendation would be Wolfgang and my next one would be UPP. I will never go a day without having a full bottle of each of those products in my product collection. They are awesome and beyond description.

Bernard
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys, I'll see what's Four Star UPP. As I haven't come across it before. Thank you & have a great day. :)

OCDetails
03-05-2007, 08:12 PM
You have to order it online. Check out Autogeek's store. We Are Car Care ! Car Wax - Car Polish - Auto Detailing Supplies & Car Accessories (http://www.autogeek.net)