PDA

View Full Version : Flat Pads or Hydro Tech Pads?

pcw25
02-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Do you like flat pads better or hydro techs better? Why?

tw33k2514
02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Flats for me.

They do not cut as well or finish as good as the hydrotech pads, but they last way longer.

That said, I still use HT pads, just think the flats are better...

Danube
02-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Flat pads are very easy to use, very predictable .. after so many uses still look/perform like new.

embolism
02-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm interested in those new LC pads...

damn that Mark, now I've got to wait to order pads...

monito
02-15-2012, 07:05 PM
They are awesome.

p@

mg6045
02-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Flats for me.

They do not cut as well or finish as good as the hydrotech pads, but they last way longer.

That said, I still use HT pads, just think the flats are better...

I think this guys said it best. I agree 100%.

for polishing I think the LC Tangerine pad is the best pad available in the market. it will remove light swirls on audi paint (with the correct polish like PowerFinish). just about equaling the power of an Orange flat pad, but will finish as good as a white pad (if not better). So out of the Hydrotech pads, I always have lots of these on hand. Also the crimson pad for me personally work incredible with SuperFinish or 85rd. I just like the way if feels when finishing rather then a black flat pad. it is more supportive of the polisher and pressure/speed and just gives me a better feel while finishing crystal clear IME.

but, the main thing is having about twice as many Hydrotech pads on hand compared to flat pads. If you use to much pressure and speed and polish for too long with a single pad, you will cut its life down drastically. so I like to keep switching HT pads after every other panel or so as to not get them too hot or saturated. doing this has made my HT's last a lot better than when I first started using them and expected flat pad life out of them.

pcw25
02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll probably go with flats for DD's and HT's for our cars and high end cars.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-15-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm interested in those new LC pads...

damn that Mark, now I've got to wait to order pads...
LMAO!!!! :laughing: