PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang/Souveran kit, A little dissapointed

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Z33Love
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I recently started putting together my car care kit and decided to go full line of Wolf gang. As a starter i bought the Wolfgang souveran kit as i've heard mostly good things about it. I was excited to finally get it in the mail but when i opened it up that kinda changed.

I like to spend a little more to have quality products but the quality of the packaging on the whole lot was awful for the money spent on it ,(cheap bottles, Generic multi-use/size sticker labels) Hell ,even the Detail spritz spray cap had a straw that was TOO long for the damn bottle.

Another good example is the Souveran wax. Alone it's an 85-95$ wax and if I had entered a store and seen this jar on a shelf in the condition it arrived to me ( peeling bubbled stickers, cheap plastic tub, wax seperation at the edges) I would think you'd have to be nuts to pay that much to buy something that looks like they threw it together in someones basement especially after the way it's touted as being individually hand poured...

tl;dr When I buy something expensive it shouldn't look like it's in a 20 cent container...

I know I shouldn't put to much emphasis on the outward appearance but was anyone else dissapointed by how cheap the products look?

CAMAROZL1
02-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I have the WG line and like it. Sorry to hear about your packaging, do you have pics of this? Im sure AG be more than happy to help you

Stang Man
02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Packaging is just packaging.

Look at the Collinite 845, looks like you'd find from the 80's in a drug store, but people swear by it.

I hope the product works better than it's packaging looks. From everything I've read, you made a very good purchase.

pickles
02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
The packaging is not nearly as important as the quality of the product which for both lines is top-notch.

I think the packaging is not as impressive as products like the Black Magic line,meguiar's,or some of the mother's products simply because it comes from a smaller company that maybe has less capital to put toward packaging.I did think that the gold bag that my Souveran paste came in was pretty fancy though.

Z33Love
02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
That's the thing. I'm sure the quality of the product speaks for itself but had I not done the research and just saw these products in a store i wouldn't even have given them a second glance.

When I buy an iPod I don't expect it to come in a generic brown box...

Z33Love
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
i did think that the gold bag that my Souveran paste came in was pretty fancy though.

the combo kit didn't even come with the gold bag :|

[QUOTE=Stang Man;620729]Packaging is just packaging.
Look at the Collinite 845, looks like you'd find from the 80's in a drug store, but people swear by it.QUOTE]

Even so it's no excuse for something as simple as the straw to the detail spritz bottle being the wrong size. I shouldn't have to start modifying stuff I just purchased...

Sunshyne
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I thought the same thing after my first order. The thing that stands out to me was the poor non high res labels. They looked like they were printed on a home pc. After using them I did get over it. I know a buck has to be made and I appreciate a nice bottle and packaging as the next guy but at the end of the day its whats inside that counts.

Billy Baldone
02-15-2012, 04:05 PM
How about this,you send it to me,I will repackage it in some fancy packages and charge you an extra 100 bucks so you feel better about your purchase.I'm glad I never felt that way about some of the bigger girls I've dated in my youth,the outside wasn't top notch but once we got in the bedroom.......

IOMCAMARO
02-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Anyone else notice that Wolfgang doesn't make Souveran? Hmmmmm. Lol

Z33Love
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Exactly right sunshyne for a minute I thought someone was trying to pass off counterfit products. Ultimatley, I did enough research to stand behind my purchase as a quality product. I just think from a consumer stand point a little effort on appearance goes along way.

Z33Love
02-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Anyone else notice that Wolfgang doesn't make Souveran? Hmmmmm. Lol

This thread is about the Wolfgang / souveran combo kit. both products looked just as poor in quality.

Z33Love
02-15-2012, 04:11 PM
How about this,you send it to me,I will repackage it in some fancy packages and charge you an extra 100 bucks so you feel better about your purchase.I'm glad I never felt that way about some of the bigger girls I've dated in my youth,the outside wasn't top notch but once we got in the bedroom.......

I think 95$ for wax that looks like it isn't worth 5 bucks is a big deal from a consumer standpoint

Nick McKees37
02-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I recently started putting together my car care kit and decided to go full line of Wolf gang. As a starter i bought the Wolfgang souveran kit as i've heard mostly good things about it. I was excited to finally get it in the mail but when i opened it up that kinda changed.

I like to spend a little more to have quality products but the quality of the packaging on the whole lot was awful for the money spent on it ,(cheap bottles, Generic multi-use/size sticker labels) Hell ,even the Detail spritz spray cap had a straw that was TOO long for the damn bottle.

Another good example is the Souveran wax. Alone it's an 85-95$ wax and if I had entered a store and seen this jar on a shelf in the condition it arrived to me ( peeling bubbled stickers, cheap plastic tub, wax seperation at the edges) I would think you'd have to be nuts to pay that much to buy something that looks like they threw it together in someones basement especially after the way it's touted as being individually hand poured...

tl;dr When I buy something expensive it shouldn't look like it's in a 20 cent container...

I know I shouldn't put to much emphasis on the outward appearance but was anyone else dissapointed by how cheap the products look?

The included sprayer for all Wolfgang products is slightly longer than the bottle, and it was designed that way for a reason. Having a longer straw enables you to get every last drop of product in the bottle, and with Wolfgang products, every drop goes a long way.

The separation at the edges is perfectly normal, as this wax is poured by hand when it's hot. When it cools it might crack in some areas. This is the case with most carnauba waxes. What's good about the separation at the edges is it allows you to remove the wax from the jar effortlessly, which makes application by DA quick and easy.

For every 1,000 jars of wax that are labeled, one might slip through the cracks and have a bubble in the label. I personally performed an inspection of half a dozen jars of Souveran on the shelf after seeing this thread and they all had flawless labels. I would be more than happy to send you an RMA and exchange the wax for a new jar with a perfect label. Just send me a PM with your order number or give me a call.

Z33Love
02-15-2012, 04:33 PM
The sprayer straw wasn't slightly oversized, it was outright wrong. The cap had over an inch of gap so it wouldn't even reach the threads on the bottle.

I don't care to get an exchange of the wax because the product is still the same and the impression has already been made.

This in no way will affect my decision to buy the rest of the line because as ive said i did my research and i've found no real complaints about the quality of the product itself but i can't say I'm excited about displaying/recommending a 95$ jar of wax that looks like this to my friends..

mike matchlat
02-15-2012, 05:48 PM
First let me say autogeek will take car of the problem. There customer service is the best thats why people shop there.If you want really nice packaging look to the chemical guys products.Also there line of products in my opinion are top notch and priced right glad autogeek took them on.