PDA

View Full Version : Karcher owners, come on in?

KA41
02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm in the market for an electric pw and was leaning toward the Karcher brand. I have read several threads about Karcher, but they were posted several months ago. I was just wondering how they are holding up for you and which model did you get. I kinda like the K3.74 or K5.54. I will probably be using them 10-15 times a year. One thing I remember reading somewhere is that they are top heavy and that they fall over easily. Is this true?

jwgreen6
02-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I bought the K2.26 Pressure Washer (http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Karcher-K2.26-75-Pressure-Washer/p5543.html) from pressurewashersdirect.com last year and I really like it.

One bonus with this package is it comes with a foamer attachment that works really nice. I put 2 ounces of car wash soap in the bottle and fill the rest with water to dilute the solution and attach it to the end of the wand. It produces enough foam to wash one car. It does seem to be a little top heavy but it isn't too bad. It comes with a 25' pressure hose; I'm planning on getting a 25' extension so I won't have to move the unit when washing my car.

Over all, I'm glad I bought it.

SeaJay's
02-15-2012, 09:27 AM
I just purchased the Karcher X Series 2000 PSI (Electric-Cold Water) Pressure Washer but have yet to use it. It's definitely put together well and from all the reviews I've read the only issue people have had is the quick connect for the hose breaks. Just because it's plastic. But I already solved that issue. I just have to pick up an attachment for my foam lance that will work with this unit.

KA41
02-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Dang, no other karcher owners out there?

pcw25
02-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Karcher X Series FTW! I love it. 2000 PSI. Be sure to get a sturdy hose (mine blew up a year ago after typical wear and tear it was an older model) and DON'T run hot water through it(older model as well). So far, this one has been holding on!

lawrenceSA
02-17-2012, 01:34 AM
I have a K2.21 - really is an entry level one but works perfectly for my needs. I use a foam lance with it and it hasn't skipped a beat yet

oldmodman
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Based on my experience with Karcher (and other brands too) AC powered pressure washers I only have one suggestion.

Buy whatever they have at Costco and save the box and the receipt. So that when it fails, and it will fail, you can just return it and get another.

I have bought four pressure washers at Costco. The first three have all failed. Some lasted less than one year, others lasted for four years. I am now using a Snap On pressure washer that is made for them by AllTrade. All the pressure washers work just fine when new, but all of them eventually developed an internal leak, so they would start and stop while just sitting there.